and posting so early in the morning also!!!!bsmart said:By the way, I looked in the book Of Days Gone By, but did not find anything after just a brief glance of a few pages I sorted out of the index. This book, as well as The Way We Were (another book which I do not have and could probably help you out) are available at Sundogs in Seaside and other places around the area.
stantheman said:Draper Lake got its name from the Draper family who had a place there on the lake. My grandfather took me there as a kid to see the old homestead. Kind of like the Millers had on Western Lake. My Mother and her brother used to walk to there farm to buy fruit and eggs. At that time Mrs. Draper had gone kind of crazy and would only say (Listen to the frogs- Listen to the frogs). I guess a little to much solitude for to many years.
stantheman said:Draper Lake got its name from the Draper family who had a place there on the lake. My grandfather took me there as a kid to see the old homestead. Kind of like the Millers had on Western Lake. My Mother and her brother used to walk to there farm to buy fruit and eggs. At that time Mrs. Draper had gone kind of crazy and would only say (Listen to the frogs- Listen to the frogs). I guess a little to much solitude for to many years.
Thanks for that. It's great to hear these stories.