• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Drive through restaurants / scenic corridor issues

New posts
Is there a chain threatening to sue if they aren't allowed in? How can that be? It's just a matter of zoning. Is there a chain threatening to sue? I would love to know what is prompting the Planning Commission to raise this issue at this time. There must be a catalyst...

I'm just guessing but I doubt they would even need to be threatened. The writing is on the wall. I wouldn't be suprised if they have a couple of requests pending approval.
 
My yoga studio is located on 331 - if we get a fast food neighbor, I will be crushed.

I suppose this type of thing is inevitable, though, folks. Look at how well Starbucks in WaterColor and Rosemary are doing? Or at SilverSands for that matter (with the new drive through). A fast food restaurant on 98 or 331 would make a KILLING - the money potential is too great to ignore and we'll probably see several spring up in the future.
 
Last edited:
My yoga studio is located on 331 - if we get a fast food neighbor, I will be crushed.

I suppose this type of thing is inevitable, though, folks. Look at how well Starbucks in WaterColor and Rosemary are doing? Or at SilverSands for that matter (with the new drive through). A fast food restaurant on 98 or 331 would make a KILLING - the money potential is too great to ignore and we'll probably see several spring up in the future.


Yes, a killing they would make. It is hard to find fast affordable food to go around here between soccer, dance and the other activities. And drive throughs are convienient for parents with kids in car seats b/c you have to take them out, stand in line, buckle back in, I dont know how moms with a bunch of little ones do it....:blink:
 
Continuing IBD's thoughts, there are a lot of working folks (think county/331) who have major scheduling issues, not to mention spending two hours' net salary, if they forget to bring leftovers or a frozen dinner for lunch. Since most live over 30 miles away, running back home is NOT an option.

I agree that 30-A (or old Point Washington :biggrin:) is not the place for fast-food chains, but I see nothing wrong with having them on 98.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top