• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Drivers beware

New posts

Lisa Ruby

Beach Fanatic
I had an "incident" on 30-A over Western Lake today. Three illegals had their hood fly up onto their windshield blocking their view (damaged in a previous collision) and they made an abrupt stop. I slammed my brakes and brushed their bumper. I chose to file a report due to another incident I'd had several years ago where not filing a report was a huge mistake. Anyway, no driver's licenses among the group, and of course, no insurance, brother's car with an Okaloosa tag. Supposedly were headed to Rosemary Beach to pick up checks for work.....and the last reveal....all reported their ages as 17 and under. Illegal, unlicensed, uninsured drivers in unsafe vehicles.....HELP!! :bang:
 
I'm glad you are okay. :wave:

I cannot understand why the insurance companies wanted to get rid of PIP. If you had been hurt, you would have needed your PIP, and also Uninsured Motorist coverage. Most of us probably don't have enough of either.
 
I know, I didn't add that coverage during "the gap". I think it begins again in January. I'll have talk with my insurer about that in the morning. It was shocking to realize that we have so few rights as citizens, not violating any laws....because they were minors, and despite the numerous violations of the law, their brother was called to pick them up....
 
Did they have any documentation that proved their ages? Seems odd that 17 year olds were going to pick up their paychecks.

Isn't driving without a license a crime?

I'd say I was 17 too if it kept me from consequences when I was in car accidents!
 
No, they had no documentation of anything...age, ownership, etc. but they all had cell phones and made numerous calls while waiting for walton county sheriff to arrive. They had a plan...and it worked.
 
I don't know which is worse - that this is a safety concern on our roads or that our law enforcement (which ARRESTS people just for being on the beach BTW ) doesn't do anything about an unlicensed driver involved in an accident! :angry:
 
I know, I never quite understood completely the impact of illegal immigration until today. Oh, and also, hopefully they won't be filing any charges against me...last words of the officer:idontno:

My only regret is not gettiing the name of the Rosemary Beach employer.
 
Charges?
Call your insurance company. I don't see how this can be considered your fault. They should have been ticketed for unsafe driving.
Walton County's finest :bang:
 
I was in Destin last year October 1, give or take a few days. My wife and I were in Ralph's or Publix I don't remember which. After being in there for while I could not believe what I was seeing, I thought I had gone to Mexico or at least southern Texas. There was a Mexican or two or more on every isle. If they were here legally, paying there share of what I have to pay for roads, law enforcement, government perks, yahta,yahta, yahta, more power to them, I hope the best for them. But I have a sneeky suspension, that"s not the case. Maybe I am wrong and just thinking wrong. I wish.
 
They did ticket the other driver as at fault. I guess he just said that in case they go find a willing lawyer.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top