• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Drivers beware

New posts
I had an "incident" on 30-A over Western Lake today. Three illegals had their hood fly up onto their windshield blocking their view (damaged in a previous collision) and they made an abrupt stop. I slammed my brakes and brushed their bumper. I chose to file a report due to another incident I'd had several years ago where not filing a report was a huge mistake. Anyway, no driver's licenses among the group, and of course, no insurance, brother's car with an Okaloosa tag. Supposedly were headed to Rosemary Beach to pick up checks for work.....and the last reveal....all reported their ages as 17 and under. Illegal, unlicensed, uninsured drivers in unsafe vehicles.....HELP!! :bang:

Illegals? As in driving w/o a license? Or illegally working in this country?

Did they have any documentation that proved their ages? Seems odd that 17 year olds were going to pick up their paychecks.

I guess I don't find it odd that 17 year olds drive to pick up their paychecks. How else do they get them?
 
Apparently, if they are under 18, the law enforcement in our country has no alternative other than finding a "responsible" older family member, illegal or not to pick them up. That was hard to swallow. If he had been over 18, he would have gone to jail.....don't know for how long though, probably no laws to support that either.

It seems at the very least we could have some inspection system for vehicles to require minimal safety standards and this would eliminate part of the safety issues for other drivers.
 
I had an "incident" on 30-A over Western Lake today. Three illegals had their hood fly up onto their windshield blocking their view (damaged in a previous collision) and they made an abrupt stop. I slammed my brakes and brushed their bumper. I chose to file a report due to another incident I'd had several years ago where not filing a report was a huge mistake. Anyway, no driver's licenses among the group, and of course, no insurance, brother's car with an Okaloosa tag. Supposedly were headed to Rosemary Beach to pick up checks for work.....and the last reveal....all reported their ages as 17 and under. Illegal, unlicensed, uninsured drivers in unsafe vehicles.....HELP!! :bang:
\
Hope you are ok. In a typical situation what you did is called following to closely. Regardless of the circumstances which cause a vehicle in front of you to make an abrupt stop you should be aware enough and have enough distance between the vehicles to come to a stop without colliding. My aunt took a left with a green light and was t-boned by a guy running the red. She got a ticket also for failure to yield right of way. As to the other matter is Fl not like GA? In GA you must have insurance to get a plate and sticker, should coverage lapse GA DMV is quick to put you out of business. I know many illegals who have car insurance btw-they don't want to drive w/o it. I also through the years have known many Americans who have driven w/o a license and insurance due to DUI for example...there are more than a few on our roads right now I am sure.
 
I was in Destin last year October 1, give or take a few days. My wife and I were in Ralph's or Publix I don't remember which. After being in there for while I could not believe what I was seeing, I thought I had gone to Mexico or at least southern Texas. There was a Mexican or two or more on every isle. If they were here legally, paying there share of what I have to pay for roads, law enforcement, government perks, yahta,yahta, yahta, more power to them, I hope the best for them. But I have a sneeky suspension, that"s not the case. Maybe I am wrong and just thinking wrong. I wish.
Would that sneeky suspension be a sneeky suspension of brainpower? IF they are illegal which taxes are they not paying? Think about taxable income before you answer (possible eitc, child tax credits, number of dependents). If many illegals were "taxed" as a few friends of mine with a couple of kids are "taxed" the illegals also would be receiving a check of $2 or $3k from the government w/o having had to pay a dime in. I'm not getting on a soapbox though...just that little bit.
How does one know if someone is an illegal alien?
Waterboard 'em 'til they'fess up. I tried finding a smiley for that but no luck.
 
BR, there's somethin' about your tar, that gives me the creeps!Hmm.... I just can't put my finger, on it!
 
Waterboard 'em 'til they'fess up. I tried finding a smiley for that but no luck.

I don't really think a smiley would be appropriate for that.

waterboarding4.jpg
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top