Smiling JOe
SoWal Expert
Not throwing blame in any way, but I can see how police reports and insurance companies could say that the accident was your fault. With proper distance maintained between you and the vehicle in front of you, you should be able to avoid an accident when the vehicle in front of you comes to an abrupt stop. However, in today's world with cell phones, and easy to drive cars (only one hand or only a few fingers on the steering wheel), eating food, etc., most people would find it difficult to do such, especially when looking across Western Lake at the dunes and trees. I would probably have hit the truck myself.Charges?
Call your insurance company. I don't see how this can be considered your fault. They should have been ticketed for unsafe driving.
Walton County's finest![]()
I won't even go into the topic of illegal aliens and unlicensed and uninsured drivers. Maybe we need more laws. :funn:Or, is it an enforcement issue?


It is sad that people get arrested fro peacefully sitting on the sandy beach for tresspassing and potentially face up to a year in jail if convicted, not to mention lawyer and court costs, when crap like this goes unenforced.
I thought that was bizaar.