• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Driving on the beach

New posts

Should driving on the beach be banned?

  • yes

    Votes: 51 58.0%
  • no

    Votes: 33 37.5%
  • conditional (give conditions below)

    Votes: 5 5.7%

  • Total voters
    88
I dont have an extra $15 grand on me right now or I would.
 
Mint condition classic Jeeps and LandCruisers resale values are ridiculous.
 
Mike B. said:
Mint condition classic Jeeps and LandCruisers resale values are ridiculous.
You could wait a year and purchase the new Toyota FJ-40 which will sell in the high teens. It looks pretty cool and will not have the major problems of the ones 20+ years old.
 
I don't think a car should have any more rights to the beach than my dog.

I think it's one of those quaint customs that doesn't hold up well under increasing usage. The custom starts getting abused.

Same thing with bonfires.
 
The new FJ40 wont have the same character as the old ones though. Its like my 84 VW GTI racecar. I've driven brand new GTI's and they are great cars, but they dont have the feel and personality of the old ones. Plus I cant afford a new car right now! Ill stick with my hand me down 96 Blazer that I'm picking up from my sister in August. :) I've been without a truck for two years and its been horrible...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top