• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Drop the Credit Card?

New posts
I'm not sure if PayPal is the best way, but it seems to be the least expensive for occasional transactions and is relatively convenient. I have a Premier account that I have linked to my bank account. After a renter pays a payment, it goes into my PayPal account (less a 2.9 percent processing fee), and I quickly start the process of tranferring the money directly into our bank account. This takes 2-3 days and is free. Since I pay all our rental bills monthly, time is not really of the essence so this delay is acceptable with me.


The stories I have read on the ebay forums is that paypal is very quick to reverse charges if someone complains. Because of that I have my paypal linked to an account that when money goes into it, I transfer it out to another unrelated bank. That way if paypal wants to reverse something we have to talk about it before they take my money. Always fearful of someone getting my paypal information and cleaning me out. Not that they would get much further than Alabama, but still it is mine.
 
A smart man has no credit card. A very smart man, has one... just for an emergency. The smartest man has one and may use it.... but pays it off each month. Someone with some intelligence can compute or calculate the total pay-off on a...say $10,000 credit card bill over a period of time and it may scare some people in to "canning" the card. If it does we may be looking at one of these previously mentioned people. Just an opinion.
 
I am sorry if I brought up bad thoughts to others. It was just an opinion.

I always treat my renters as if they are the smartest -- that they are just doing it for the miles and pay it off every month. :wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top