• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Drowning in Destin

New posts
don't take it personally. I call it the daily rag. Once read, the newspaper becomes recycled if you use it to clean windows or wrap fish, before trashing it or putting it in your garden. It doesn't mean the news paper isn't worthy.

Some might disagree :biggrin: . Instead of broad brushing it though, I would say that just like everything else in the world some parts aren't worthy. ;-) :biggrin:

As for lifeguards, you are right SJ, personal knowledge and responsibility is the key.
 
I believe the chaos of 4 in distress at once would overwhelm most any lifeguard. Bad situation!
 
This is very sad. My wife and I were in a kayak just the other day and the rental agent emphasized that if we capsized, we should stay with the boat, which would stay afloat, and not try to swim to shore. Unfortunately, a lot of folks don't understand the risks in going out on the Gulf, even just 40 yards from shore.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top