• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Eastern Lake Nursery closing

New posts

gbdreams

Beach Comber
The nursery staff told us this weekend that they're closing for good in about a week. The proprieter told us that business was looking up this spiring, but when the Deepwater Horizon blew out, it was like someone turned off the lightswitch. What a loss to 30A and South Walton.

Besides being in a great location and having an extensive inventory, the staff is extremely knowledgable and has been very helpful to us. We'll miss them. They've been having a big sale for a week or so.
 
I hate this. I love Eastern Lake Nursery. This shop really fit into Seagrove and will be missed. I hope they got one hell of a BP claim. I will be there tomorrow to buy some of my favorite things.
 
The nursery staff told us this weekend that they're closing for good in about a week. The proprieter told us that business was looking up this spiring, but when the Deepwater Horizon blew out, it was like someone turned off the lightswitch. What a loss to 30A and South Walton.

Besides being in a great location and having an extensive inventory, the staff is extremely knowledgable and has been very helpful to us. We'll miss them. They've been having a big sale for a week or so.

I agree and wish Randy Harrelson never sold out.The Gourd Garden was always a fun place to shop and get info.
 
They are working on opening up a new Lowe's this side of Destin Commons. They have lots of plants.
 
If you want local options, I've had good luck with the plants from Niceville Garden Center. And there's a place next to Fernleigh Antiques on PCB Parkway that had some nice-looking though somewhat limited stock.
 
Lowe's is fine I guess for bedding plants or flowers for pots and such. But most of their stuff is not native, and/or won't tolerate our growing conditions- I could see the same inventory at any Lowe's in the country. Plus their employees never seem to know much about how to grow their plants in NW coastal Florida.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top