TreeFrog
Beach Fanatic
After all the rain we've had recently, it was really close yesterday. I went back down there this morning about 6:30 and it appeared to have just opened, as it was flowing vigorously. The pelicans were working the outlet, eating the small fish getting washed out.
Opinion follows...
I'm far from educated on natural sciences, but it seems to me that we don't need to to manage the outflow from these lakes, as some have suggested. They did just fine before we got here and, to my uneducated eye, they appear to still do just fine. I live near Eastern Lake and I've seen it open and close many times, all by itself.
Opinion follows...
I'm far from educated on natural sciences, but it seems to me that we don't need to to manage the outflow from these lakes, as some have suggested. They did just fine before we got here and, to my uneducated eye, they appear to still do just fine. I live near Eastern Lake and I've seen it open and close many times, all by itself.
. I'm glad it finally opened back up, it's a special place!