• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Eastern Lake outlet opened today

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
SJ -- Does the county require any sort of monitoring/maintenance for the septic systems? I'd be willing to bet one nearby (within 50 feet of the bay) hasn't been pumped in 10 years. I didn't realize they'd have ever allowed septic tanks near the dune lakes.
To my knowledge, the County does not require any sort of monitoring/maintenance for the septic systems. I am not a plumber, but I don't think that septic tanks have to be pumped in order to work correctly.
 
Here's the outflow this morning. Still wide and fast.

IMGP0227Small.JPG
 
I think Draper Lake also recently broke through. I noticed when driving over the bridge at Draper that the water level was much lower than it was a few days ago.
 
Kurt-
You take beautiful pictures!
 
We have a house near Eastern Lake and we are so glad that it opened up naturally into the gulf. Many folks have been so concerned about EL and all of the lakes since the storms and the restoration.

:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:
 
Photos from this morning. The flow has slowed a lot. See the "sand bar" on the east bank where there was full flow yesterday. There's a really big "delta" out in the gulf now.

Here's the same photo as yesterday, looking back toward the lake.

EasternLake9-16-06a.JPG


Here's looking toward the gulf.

EasternLake9-16-06b.JPG


The black blob in the sand bar is the tarp part of an EZ-Up tent. It either washed out there or was buried that deep. :idontno:
 
Excellent news....There goes the County's 150k dollar project.....Hopefully, this will alleviate the problems residents were experiencing with Eastern Lake....By the way, there are no requirements for monitoring septic tanks. Leaching from septic tanks is one of the main threats to the lakes (because we live on sand dunes). The County needs to look at a plan to remove septic systems from environmentally sensitive areas (and the rest of the county for that matter)....

Great pictures....
 
Does anyone know why it smells so bad close to the outlet into the ocean? I haven't been out there since Sat. night, but it was pretty bad then.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top