• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Eastern Lake outlet opened today

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent news....There goes the County's 150k dollar project.....Hopefully, this will alleviate the problems residents were experiencing with Eastern Lake....By the way, there are no requirements for monitoring septic tanks. Leaching from septic tanks is one of the main threats to the lakes (because we live on sand dunes). The County needs to look at a plan to remove septic systems from environmentally sensitive areas (and the rest of the county for that matter)....

Great pictures....
$150,000??? Heck all they need is about $100 worth of three-dollar plastic shovels and thirty kids, and a lake can be opened in less than a day or two. The trench doesn't have to be dug 30 ft across like the last time the track hoe opened it up. The lake needs only a little start, and the rest will take care of itself.
 
Maybe you can put in a bid.....I am not sure about the Child Labor Laws, but I have faith that you will think of something.....
 
Here's the outflow this morning. Still wide and fast.

IMGP0227Small.JPG


Nice picture of my house! :cool:
 
Sulfur, which we have an abundance of dissolved in our groundwater and lakes.
If that what you smelled was the same which I smelled, it was dead sealife. I notice many Sea Cucmbers (little slug looking creatures) were washing up on the beach on Sat. When walking down the inlet to the Gulf, I noticed the fresh seafood smell, quickly followed by some rotten seafood smells just a few steps farther. Perhaps it was a many sea creatures rotting after the sun heated them up and cooked them to death on the beach. :idontno:
 
Maybe you can put in a bid.....I am not sure about the Child Labor Laws, but I have faith that you will think of something.....
If they paid me $150K, I could do it with my own back in a week. :D You just call me the next time that issue comes up. Heck, I could buy a keg and some Amore pizza and call it a party and we will have it open and running faster than the track hoe and the three guys watching the operator. I could even get Waco or Dread to play along to keep the digging pace up.
 
If they paid me $150K, I could do it with my own back in a week. :D You just call me the next time that issue comes up. Heck, I could buy a keg and some Amore pizza and call it a party and we will have it open and running faster than the track hoe and the three guys watching the operator. I could even get Waco or Dread to play along to keep the digging pace up.

Interesting idea.

It reminds me of the day before yesterday. A warm, late Summer, sunny Sunday afternoon as I was floating down the Western Lake outlet rapids sipping a cold one among the crabs and fish there was a kind party on the bank with DC cranking from the back of their Explorer. :clap_1:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top