• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

EAT-Rite Produce Re-opens

New posts

HYDROSTAN

Beach Lover
After a slight hiccup, EAT-Rite Produce Co. is back in business. I am going on vacation to Magnolia Fest and will reopen to the public on NOV. 2 9A.M. - 4P.M. WED,THURS and Friday and 9 till Noon on Saturday.
The fall gardens are beautiful. See you then.
Stan a/k/a/ "The South Walton Mater Bandit"
:clap::clap::clap:
 
I have been asked to post the reasons code enforcement forced EAT-Rite Produce to abrutly cease operations last Wednesday:

Ray Wheeler initiated a complaint that it was not fair to Toni's Farmers Market that I was selling produce. The complaint is a matter of public record. I have a copy.
Code enforcement officer Bradley citing code 6.04.02 "a roadside vending operation is permitted in any district, with the exception of the designated scenic corridors within Walton County .
I operate on private commercial property on 30-A. It is a matter of record, 30-A is NOT a designated Scenic Corridor. Only 331 south of the bridge and 98 are designated. Look it up.
Code enforcement protocal for complaints is to investigate within 5 days, if a violation is noted a letter is sent asking that the code violation be fixed or a hearing can be requested with the Board of Code Enforcement within 30 days.
The business can remain open during the 30 day period. If the complaint poses a threat to public safety it changes to a 10 day period. I was not afforded a 10 or 30 day period to to straighten things out.
EAT-Rite Produce did not violate any codes, period. That's why I am able to re-open.
Theese are the facts as I know them.

Ray and Toni, you posted: To find out the facts from your point of view for people to call you or stop by your shop. Why don't you just post them on this site so our customers will have both sides of the story and we can move on.

Stan Meadows
a/k/a/ The South Walton Mater Bandit
EAT-Rite Produce Co.
www.eatriteproduce.com
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top