• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Election Year 2016

New posts
Her stance is that she knows better than everyone else because her daddy built houses on the dunes. Good ole boy wannabe.

I knew she was "old Defuniak money" and if I'm not mistaken, Ed Walline Park is named after someone in her family. Father or grandfather maybe? Little or no history on how that Park came by it's name and I'm not old enough to remember that far back...Danny Glidewell was born and raised here...he may know? The Campbells are also old Defuniak and have a rich and sorted history and there are a bunch of "good ole boys" in both those mixes.
 
Mr. Ed Walline was one of the original developers of South Walton County and built many of the beach houses so prevalent in the 1950's and 60's. He may have donated the land that the current park sits on but I am not sure about that.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top