• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Elmo's

New posts
Can I get some feedback? Have driven by many times and never stopped in. Heading back down in a couple of weeks and I am trying to figure out somewhere new to visit.
 
Can I get some feedback? Have driven by many times and never stopped in. Heading back down in a couple of weeks and I am trying to figure out somewhere new to visit.

It is exceedingly popular among families with litters of loud squirming children and people who want to gorge on frozen crab legs. I would leave it to those cohorts. If you have not tried Local Catch yet, I would suggest that as a spot to try first. Or if you want a loud place where the food is actually pretty good, take a trip to Dusty's in PCB.
 
Thanks folks. Love Local Catch. It's on my every visit list. Any thoughts on places from Seagrove east to Inlet? Seems like I usually go west. Typically grab a grouper sandwich at Seagrove Market. Added Flip Flops and Cowgirl Kitchen a couple of weeks ago. Tried Old Florida Fish House, but not impressed for the $'s.
 
Unfortunately Seagrove Market is going up on price and down on quality and portions. Can't give any other recommendations for a good grouper sandwich.
 
My suggestion is as follows:

If you order grouper in the restaurant......make sure it's grouper! You'd be suprised...........
 
Would Shorty's have a grouper sandwich? Does the Red Bar have one at lunch time? We'll soon find out...counting down...5 days...Ellen
 
Shorty's does have a grilled or blackened grouper sandwich. Has been good most of the time (dried out one time, but they corrected it). Love their fries as well, but some folks don't like coated fries. Shorty's used to be our standing early arrive lunch place. Give them a try. I know we have been in enough that they now recognize us and our order. :cool:
 
We'll give Shorty's a try again. Thanks. Thought the same about Seagrove Market our visit in June. Teeny tiny salad. But with the price of everything today, restaurants have to probably raise prices a tiny, then reduce portions a bit, then raise prices a bit again.....Probably more challenging for locally owned restaurants than almost any other business. Ellen
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top