• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Email scam?

New posts

Maystrong

Beach Lover
Just wondering if any other business owners here have gotten an email from someone wanting to place a good size order for goods or services? We received a very suspicious email yesterday and have heard of such scams in the past. Anyone else seen any of these mysterious emails?
 
I get them everytime I post something on Craigslist. If it seems suspicious, it's a scam!If they want to pay by check, make sure the check is good before delivery!
 
I get about 3 of those a week...they are scams. Craigslist in particular seems to generate this type of phisher. It's pretty obvious when they all ask for the same work and large quantities and urgent response, lol. I had my guys take the ad off of Craigslist 3 weeks ago and I still get these emails.
 
I haven't had anything on craig's list, so it's a bit confusing. I just read an article in the Walton Sun about several local artists being scammed this way! We all need to look out for each other!
 
I haven't had anything on craig's list, so it's a bit confusing. I just read an article in the Walton Sun about several local artists being scammed this way! We all need to look out for each other!

Most of the emails I've received referred to the Craigslist ad, that's why I threw it out there. At least the word is getting out there to avoid these scams. I got your back! lol Seriously though, it's mutually beneficial to watch out for each other.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top