• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Embarq DSL down again

New posts

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
I've got another outage again this morning. This is getting chronic. As much as I hate to say it (after all the negative comments on SoWal), I may have to try MediaCom.

This is at least the 3rd time in the last 2 months. I've lost track, maybe even the 4th or 5th. Last time they replaced my 645 modem with a 660, saying they had updated the network and the 645 wasn't able to deal with the updates well.

I'm near Eastern Lake. Anybody else having issues? If so, where are you?
 
Sgb dsl down

Thats Odd, their repair said I was the only one having problems! They are sending me a NEW modem, the 660 replacement. I have a 660 now. It has been awful for the past 4 weeks! Seems like Friday thru out the weekend NO SERVICE during the week its off and on. I am thinking about calling Media com myself! BTW SGB area. Doubtfire
 
Treefrog, I have Mediacon and I've never had an outage. I know I've read lots of negatives about them too and getting through to them via telephone is a nightmare, but thankfully My computer service nor my cable tv has ever gone out. I'm off W. Hewitt in SRB.
 
Mine was down Friday morning, again in the afternoon and yesterday. I keep getting that stupid Embarq auto help dialog coming up. They need one that says, "It's raining, you will be down for a while"

Sunspot, some of us are not lucky enough to have access to cable. Out here in the boonies, we just now got dsl. If you move a mile or two closer to 98 then you can get it but not out in the bayou.
 
I had a problem with mediacom when they first installed my DSL, but I have had no problems since! (knock on wood). My computer works great, now all I need is a computer desk so I can get my a$$ off the floor.....:roll:
 
Just got off the phone with repair, They are working on it:blink: However they said it may take up to midnight to finish the repairs. :angry:

They said that they do not consider it an outage until they get so many reports, They consider it an individual problem until they hit the number. :idontno:
I guess we need to keep calling them and not wait for someone else to call. :bang:
All weekend No service. I am using my Al tell air card now, but my Desk Top is offline and that has all my email and business stuff on it. Really gets the blood pressure going!:cry:
 
I have been lucky with Embarq. I am in Seagrove, no problems. I've had it for a year or two now with very few problems at all.
 
I have been lucky with Embarq. I am in Seagrove, no problems. I've had it for a year or two now with very few problems at all.

Hope you don't jinx yourself by saying that. :lolabove:

If you'd asked me 3 months ago, I'd have said the same. Other than when Katrina effed up everything, I had only had one outage lasting more than an hour in 3 years. But it's been pretty frequent for the last 2 or 3 months.

I've got to say, getting through to a tech support person (real Americans, too!) is pretty easy and they always put in a real effort to get me back up. Never any trying to blame my wireless router or AV software. They must have some pretty powerful diagnostic tools, because they can almost always identify exactly where the problem is.

But, despite trying, I can't get a credit for the down days, and they never deliver the promised voice call to inform me that it's back on line. So, when it goes down, I just call every morning to keep the heat on.
 
Thats Odd, their repair said I was the only one having problems! They are sending me a NEW modem, the 660 replacement. I have a 660 now. It has been awful for the past 4 weeks! Seems like Friday thru out the weekend NO SERVICE during the week its off and on. I am thinking about calling Media com myself! BTW SGB area. Doubtfire

So is that another 660, or do they have something even newer than it now?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top