• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Embarq DSL intermittent and slow?

New posts

Kurt

Admin
Please report your approximate SoWal location if you have been having problems the last few days.
 
Oh man I've rebooted my computer a million times in the last few days, assuming the 'puter was the problem!
Location, Historic Point Washington
 
Intermittent - check
Slow - check
Reset several times - check
I'm at Camp Creek Lake.

I just switched to Embarq a month ago, and it has worked great up until a few days ago. I thought it was just my own supremely bad high-speed internet luck, so in a way I'm glad to hear that it's not just me... though I'm sorry to hear others are having frustrations with it too.

Looking on the bright side, yesterday I wrote a long, reasonable and thoughtful response to one of the threads in the political forum. I hit "submit" only to discover I was no longer online, and my response disappeared into the ethers... I took it as a sign that it probably wasn't as reasonable or as thoughtful as I thought (though definitely long) and didn't need to posted. :biggrin:
 
Intermittent - check
Slow - check
Reset several times - check
I'm at Camp Creek Lake.

I just switched to Embarq a month ago, and it has worked great up until a few days ago. I thought it was just my own supremely bad high-speed internet luck, so in a way I'm glad to hear that it's not just me... though I'm sorry to hear others are having frustrations with it too.

Looking on the bright side, yesterday I wrote a long, reasonable and thoughtful response to one of the threads in the political forum. I hit "submit" only to discover I was no longer online, and my response disappeared into the ethers... I took it as a sign that it probably wasn't as reasonable or as thoughtful as I thought (though definitely long) and didn't need to posted. :biggrin:

Repeat after me:
ctrl-a, ctrl-c, submit
ctrl-a, ctrl-c, submit
ctrl-a, ctrl-c, submit
 
As you know we have the radiothon tomorrow and the worldwide stream is dependent on our DSL lines. I have been going around for 4 days with Centurylink and finally got them to admit they have a problem...as far as Inlet Beach, as well. So, at least Seaside to the county line.
 
Repeat after me:
ctrl-a, ctrl-c, submit
ctrl-a, ctrl-c, submit
ctrl-a, ctrl-c, submit

Heheheh, thanks... I've learned my lesson.
 
As you know we have the radiothon tomorrow and the worldwide stream is dependent on our DSL lines. I have been going around for 4 days with Centurylink and finally got them to admit they have a problem...as far as Inlet Beach, as well. So, at least Seaside to the county line.

Who is centrutylink?
 
After 4 days of having me relentlessly pursue them, Centurylink finally admitted to having, and found a problem in Ft. Walton Beach that feeds most of Okaloosa county and all of South Walton county. My audio stream is up at the radio station. Everyone pray it stays that way!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top