• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Embarq internet outage

New posts
Did you have to do a power cycle on your 660/645 modem after the Internet light came back on? That's what the Embarq guy told us to do, but I don't think it's necessary. We have renters at the house now. They have no access to our equipment because we keep it locked up.

If a power cycle on the modem is really necessary (as the Embarq guy said), I'll have to send the rental management company over to take care of it.

We were there this weekend. It was like being in prison having no Internet.:yikes:We went to Amavida Seagrove -- their Internet was down. People were piling in with both Embarq and Mediacom problems. The person working there told us that Amavida Seaside had connectivity, so several of us drove there. One woman (appeared to be a grad student) had a paper due on Monday and had research to do. She seemed rather stressed. Heck, all I wanted to do was check my email, get the weather report, and get on SoWal!
 
Welcome back!

We were down Saturday night / Sunday morning, but Fuzz went in and did something to the modem and we came back up. :confused:
 
Did you have to do a power cycle on your 660/645 modem after the Internet light came back on? That's what the Embarq guy told us to do, but I don't think it's necessary. We have renters at the house now. They have no access to our equipment because we keep it locked up.

If a power cycle on the modem is really necessary (as the Embarq guy said), I'll have to send the rental management company over to take care of it.

We were there this weekend. It was like being in prison having no Internet.:yikes:We went to Amavida Seagrove -- their Internet was down. People were piling in with both Embarq and Mediacom problems. The person working there told us that Amavida Seaside had connectivity, so several of us drove there. One woman (appeared to be a grad student) had a paper due on Monday and had research to do. She seemed rather stressed. Heck, all I wanted to do was check my email, get the weather report, and get on SoWal!

It's a 645. The internet light never went off, we just didn't have any service. I cycled it several times in vain during the outage. I tried about 6:00 AM today - nothing there - then about 6:58 I noticed my AV software downloading itself an update. No power cycle, nothing, it was just there again.
 
It's a 645. The internet light never went off, we just didn't have any service. I cycled it several times in vain during the outage. I tried about 6:00 AM today - nothing there - then about 6:58 I noticed my AV software downloading itself an update. No power cycle, nothing, it was just there again.
Our Internet light was off on our 660. I was on the phone with Embarq for over an hour.:bang:

Thanks for the info.
 
Welcome back!

We were down Saturday night / Sunday morning, but Fuzz went in and did something to the modem and we came back up. :confused:
Thanks. It was really interesting that both Embarq and Mediacom were down. People were scurrying around looking for free Wi-Fi like junkies looking for a fix. Not me, of course. :lol:
 
I had service........Old Point Washington.......
 
You know, with both of them down at the same time, it makes you wonder what resources they are sharing. I know Mediacom comes into your house via the cable and Embarq via the phone, but it would appear that somewhere not very far upstream they are sharing resources.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top