• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Embarq unbundles DSL

New posts

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
I got a mailer about Embarqs new Pure Broadband service. Finally they are removing the requirement of having dial tone to get DSL and just selling it by itself. I do not know what high speed runs is the south end, but if you need it and want to get rid of your home phone it may save someone some bucks.

1.5 29.95
3.0 34.95
5.0 39.95

$29.95 activation and shipping charges apply. The rates do go up after 12 months to 39.95, 54.95, 59.95. But again, this may help some of you guys that rent save some bucks and who wants to provide a renter dial tone anyway.
 
Thanks for the update. Hopefully I can get rid of this darned phone line I do not need whatsoever.


I know how you feel. I just wish I could get something high speed at my house. I love Wild Blue, which I also offer as a solution if anyone is interested, but I would so much rather have DSL or cable.
 
I called to cancel dial tone (finally!) - they offered discounts on dial tone and internet if I would keep my dial tone service. So basically I would be getting dial tone free.

Instead, I kept the dial tone and increased my internet from 3mb to 5mb download and still saved $20/month over my previous monthly bill.
 
This is a very timely and informative thread as I was just calling them a while back and when I found out I HAD to have a landline I said well, I guess I'll have to go with media com. Now the question is this:

If I can have either embarq or mediacom which should I pick - internets only btw.

Currently, here in Destin in the apartment I have cox.

THANKS for the info!!

G
 
I called to cancel dial tone (finally!) - they offered discounts on dial tone and internet if I would keep my dial tone service. So basically I would be getting dial tone free.

Instead, I kept the dial tone and increased my internet from 3mb to 5mb download and still saved $20/month over my previous monthly bill.

Embarq is notorious for this. I tell my clients on dsl to call at least once a year and verify pricing. The service is competitive especially with cable internet available now and when the base price drops, they do not automatically reprice you or do any upgrades unless you ask. I still find people paying 60 dollars a month for 1.5 mb access and using the old ppoe modems.
 
We have Mediacom and our special basic cable/internet for 57 bucks a month expired and jumped to 110 bucks a month. That really sux...They said check back the first of August to check for new specials.
 
So for service, speed and price and strictly for INTERNET - no cable or phone which do you guys use embarq or mediacom and are you happy with what you are using?

Thanks
G
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top