• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Enforcement for remove it or lose it?

New posts
There were 2 large groups of people last night at Grayton. Their tent condos were so huge that we thought they would be left up. We were so pleasantly surprised that both groups dismantled their tents, packed up everything, and carted several cases of beer cans to the garbage!:clap: Thank you!!

Best part? One group was playing cornhole!:lol: YESSS!
 
jdarg, were those the people who had the one canvas tarp set up like a lean to, with a tent beside it? I saw them cornholing, I mean playing cornholes, earlier this week. I've seen them the past few years, and always admired their simplicity with the canvas tarp and wooden poles.

I, too, have been pleasantly surprised at the people visiting Grayton Beach in the last couple of weeks. I've been seeing many people break down their bulky tents and load up their wagons, filled with beach chairs and toys, and hauling it off the beach. The other day, I asked GRS if we should go over and thank the guys who were packing up their crap at the end of the day. -- I was just so surprised to see it. Education, education, educaton. People adhere to the examples being set, so it is good to see so many people setting the right example. I applaud you all! Kids really don't need all those toys to keep them happy. They need sand, beach creatures, sunscreen, sun-protection, and time to spend playing with their parents or siblings.

Thank you to everyone who is setting the good example!!!
 
Yes- same people. Regarding that cool shelter, Punz and I are on the hunt for some big bamboo poles - and we are thinking cool fabric for the tarp part. Very Moroccan looking.
 
For the bamboo, go see Bamboo Bill at Fruits and Flutes, located just north of hwy 90, on hwy 83 (Ponce de Leon). For the fabric, go check out the selection at Hobby Lobby, on 23rd St in Panama City. They have some cool, heavy-duty-looking fabrics.
 
Bad stretch near Tom Thumb

I have had family staying at Sago Palms in Seagrove. Some of the junk is obviously abandoned from weeks past (starting to rust). Surely there is some common sense to be applied as far as how long the old chairs remain, private property or not. If I pick them up and put them in a dumpster I guess I will be in trouble with the trash removal company too.
 
I have had family staying at Sago Palms in Seagrove. Some of the junk is obviously abandoned from weeks past (starting to rust). Surely there is some common sense to be applied as far as how long the old chairs remain, private property or not. If I pick them up and put them in a dumpster I guess I will be in trouble with the trash removal company too.

Not if you lean them against a TDC trash can.
 
For the bamboo, go see Bamboo Bill at Fruits and Flutes, located just north of hwy 90, on hwy 83 (Ponce de Leon). For the fabric, go check out the selection at Hobby Lobby, on 23rd St in Panama City. They have some cool, heavy-duty-looking fabrics.


Highway 81 goes through Ponce de Leon. 83 goes north of DeFuniak Springs.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top