• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Everything is Rosy ?

New posts
Yes- and they will be choosing from candidates who actually meet real qualifications. I'm not sure why this is hard for so many to understand why this is preferable to a political process without qualifications.

Because headhunters are soft on finding candidates with Walton County Value$:bang:
 
WaltonParent I am afraid that the best option we have is voting for new folks. What we have is horrible. The choices are not great we need great people that we can count on running for office that have the ability to pick a superintendent. The board we currently have is really scary. They should be all over this issue but will not lift a finger because of homegrown connections. The candidates for all of the races including State House are not great choices. Hold your nose and vote the least of the evils in most of the races.

Bravo, I understand your point, but I disagree about your strategy. The best people will not run for office if they think they cannot beat the "homegrown connections". Winning the referendum will show people that the NO group can be defeated on other issues. One good victory will be the launching pad for many more. Even if we lose the vote, I think the NO crowd will know they have been in a fight.
 
The way the school district functions now, 5 dogs could be in the school board's seats and there would be no difference. The five can say whatever they want and the superintendent can totally ignore what the they say because he/ she is also elected. It is five elected officials against one elected official who conducts the daily operations and can do what he/she damn well pleases if they so desire and the board can do practically nothing about it.
 
The one percenters (the No crowd) are interested in keeping one of the members of the "machine" in office. If the referendum is not approved I'm looking for Sonya Alford to run for superintendent. Remember the cocaine teacher incident. She's the district's highly paid HR director.
 
Bravo, I understand your point, but I disagree about your strategy. The best people will not run for office if they think they cannot beat the "homegrown connections". Winning the referendum will show people that the NO group can be defeated on other issues. One good victory will be the launching pad for many more. Even if we lose the vote, I think the NO crowd will know they have been in a fight.

Win or lose, just getting the referendum on the ballot and raising voter awareness and participation, especially in South Walton, will have effects that will last well beyond the election. It will be a slow process, but it is happening.
 
The one percenters (the No crowd) are interested in keeping one of the members of the "machine" in office. If the referendum is not approved I'm looking for Sonya Alford to run for superintendent. Remember the cocaine teacher incident. She's the district's highly paid HR director.

Yes and a Epic Failure. She'll fit right in.
 
The one percenters (the No crowd) are interested in keeping one of the members of the "machine" in office.


You crybaby types need to make up your mind

you can't blame rich south county people and poor north county people simultaneously.

you have to choose whether to get over your upper class envy or your middle class petty superiority complex
 
Seaducer, I have often agreed with your posts in the past. Now, however, you are nothng but a troll trying to play both sides against the middle.
 
Seaducer, I have often agreed with your posts in the past. Now, however, you are nothng but a troll trying to play both sides against the middle.


imagine my intense disappointment Andy


but you can't blame the poor folks and the 1% for the same failure which is exactly what has happened now.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top