• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fabrice's - a new restaurant.

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
I have heard recent talk of a fantastic French Pastry chef who has opened a new place on Hwy 98 in the new buildings ( I think the name of the complex is South Haven) located about 2 miles east of the western intersection of 30A/98. Fabrice's (not sure of spelling) is open for breakfast and lunch currently. I have heard the breakfast pastries were a little pricey, but I hear that lunch is a bargain and darn tasty. I hope to check it out very soon. Fabrice's is owned and operated by Fabrice and his wife, whose name I do not know yet. If you are hungry and down that way, stop in an give them a try and let us know your take on the new casual restaurant.
 
We went there the other day and it was great! A real surprise to find it there. We thought it was just a bakery, but it's not. They have various salads and sandwiches and I saw a quiche that looked yummy. My tuna burger was very good. They were very busy when we were there. A great option for lunch.
 
Fabrice and Fabienne are proprietors - we ate lunch at their bakery/restaurant last week and it was excellent. My husband had the Croque Monsieur which was INCREDIBLE. I had the Roast Beef - also yummy. And my sons had the Turkey which they gobbled up. I love that the sandwiches are served with a salad, too, instead of chips or fries. Don't miss their bread and pastries, either. Fabrice is incredibly talented and they are the real deal - true French pastries.
 
Indigo Jill said:
Fabrice and Fabienne are proprietors - we ate lunch at their bakery/restaurant last week and it was excellent. My husband had the Croque Monsieur which was INCREDIBLE. I had the Roast Beef - also yummy. And my sons had the Turkey which they gobbled up. I love that the sandwiches are served with a salad, too, instead of chips or fries. Don't miss their bread and pastries, either. Fabrice is incredibly talented and they are the real deal - true French pastries.

Did you say croque monsieur? I will be there in a flash next month. Nothing beats a good hot ham and cheese with a French accent. :wub:
 
Is this yummy sounding place anywhere near Inlet Beach? Sounds like a place I could enjoy and my husband also because of the breads and pastry.
 
ladydebubba60 said:
Is this yummy sounding place anywhere near Inlet Beach? Sounds like a place I could enjoy and my husband also because of the breads and pastry.


No, it's at the Destin end of 30-A, not the Panama City Beach end, which is the one closest to Inlet Beach. However, it sounds good enough to make the drive, doesn't it??
 
Sure does! Might have to drive that way! Is Fudpuckers still in existence along the panhandle, just for curiousity sake!
 
ladydebubba60 said:
Sure does! Might have to drive that way! Is Fudpuckers still in existence along the panhandle, just for curiousity sake!

We had to drive into Destin last month and I noticed it was still going strong. That name Fudpuckers always cracks me up. :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top