• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Farmer's Market

New posts

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
I received the following e-mail message from Sandestin Owners Association:

"Central FL Produce will begin offering a Farmer's Market in the
Starbuck's courtyard at the Market Shops this Saturday, January
26th from 8:30 a.m. - until. They will be here each Friday and
Saturday thereafter through spring and summer. FL strawberries,
tomatoes, and other seasonal produce will be available."
 
I received the following e-mail message from Sandestin Owners Association:

"Central FL Produce will begin offering a Farmer's Market in the
Starbuck's courtyard at the Market Shops this Saturday, January
26th from 8:30 a.m. - until. They will be here each Friday and
Saturday thereafter through spring and summer. FL strawberries,
tomatoes, and other seasonal produce will be available."

If this is the same company that has been there the past year, don't waste your money. Perfect looking, but tasteless produce- you can do better at Publix. I never saw any "seasonal" produce- only the tomatoes and strawberries. Appears to be a commercial grower they have brought in to be a "farmer".:roll:
 
I received the following e-mail message from Sandestin Owners Association:

"Central FL Produce will begin offering a Farmer's Market in the
Starbuck's courtyard at the Market Shops this Saturday, January
26th from 8:30 a.m. - until. They will be here each Friday and
Saturday thereafter through spring and summer. FL strawberries,
tomatoes, and other seasonal produce will be available."
:clap::clap:
If this is the same company that has been there the past year, don't waste your money. Perfect looking, but tasteless produce- you can do better at Publix. I never saw any "seasonal" produce- only the tomatoes and strawberries. Appears to be a commercial grower they have brought in to be a "farmer".:roll:
bigsad.gif
 
I am going to have to turn in my Scoop hat and reporter's creds. I messed up and ate some tacos first. That and the rain took the starch out of me. I want to pile up in bed now.
 
If this is the same company that has been there the past year, don't waste your money. Perfect looking, but tasteless produce- you can do better at Publix. I never saw any "seasonal" produce- only the tomatoes and strawberries. Appears to be a commercial grower they have brought in to be a "farmer".:roll:

Ditto, and they are over-priced. They do offer peaches, too. "They" aren't even farmers, just transportation/resale people.
 
Yeah and go to Toni's (sorry Stan but I gotta eat)
You don't have to be sorry. Everyone has to eat. I do not sell produce in the state of South Walton anymore.
The Farmers Market in San Destin is just more "fake" produce in my opionion. I don't know if Toni is back selling produce yet. Agent Prichert (sp) with the Florida Dept. of Agriculture told me he issued a stop sell order last week to Toni due to issues of repackaging produce, not listing sources and not having the proper license. Really just a bunch of govt. b.s. I am just stating what I was told. You can contact Agent Prichert with the food safety division of the FL. Dept. of Agriculture, for more info if you think I am throwing rotten maters. Hopefully she got it fixed as it is very frustrating when the government gets involved in your business. With that said, rules in doing business for one should be applied to all. El Bandito Mate
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top