• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Favorite cake

New posts

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
I have been home tooooooooooo long...too many cooking shows. What is your favorite cake? I love a flourless chocolate, a lemon and most versions of cheesecake. Really there are not many cakes I do not like. :lol:
 
The Pilsbury Confetti cake...with the confetti icing!
I like all cake. That's a fact. I can't think of one I don't like...
Red Velvet, Ice Cream cake...You name it, I like it!
 
Does Tiramisu count as cake? If it does, that's it by far. Love it! My other favorite is probably mandarin orange cake. It's a three layer cake and has pineapple in it too. A very light summery cake. When I was little it was Cherry Chip cake with cherry icing. I always wanted my Mom to make it for me on my birthday.
 
Okay Cherry chip..that is a new one. What is it exactly?

Kimmi - love Red Velvet..good choice
 
iwishiwasthere said:
Okay Cherry chip..that is a new one. What is it exactly?

Kimmi - love Red Velvet..good choice

It was a cake out of a box. I don't think they make it anymore. They might make strawberry though. Duncan Hines I think.
 
iwishiwasthere said:
I have been home tooooooooooo long...too many cooking shows. What is your favorite cake? I love a flourless chocolate, a lemon and most versions of cheesecake. Really there are not many cakes I do not like. :lol:
Iwishiwas there
I'm right there with you with the above choices.
If I had to pick just one, I'd probably go with chocolate cheesecake. I could sit down and eat the entire thing myself.
Years ago my husband and I had a flourless chocolate cake at a restaurant in Denver and we were literally up all night with what we assume was a caffeine overdose from the intense chocolate.
 
I wish I had the recipe but as a child my favorite was strawberry...The cake was made of a pineapple mix, then a layer of whipping, then strawberries...three layers total...yummmmmmmmmm!
 
We like tiramisu, German chocolate, butter pecan cake, and poundcake - not the store bought kind, but good ol' homemade kind.
 
My aunt alway's and I do mean alway's had a Sock-It-To-Me cake on her counter. She made it about every 3 days. It is made in a bundt pan, it is sort of like a round pound cake, with a cinnamon sugar swirl in the middle. It is so yummy!!!!!
 
Homemade carrot cake with gobs and gobs of cream cheese frosting. In an pinch, Publix makes a pretty darn good version which we've had many times.

I went to a wedding once that had the best cake! It was a while ago, so I don't remember the total combination. The cake was poppy seed, definitely. The filling was either mango or lemon cream. And the frosting--maybe cream cheese? Does that sound right? Anyway, it was the best cake and I wished I had had more slices.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top