• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Favorite restaurants

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
CajunGal said:
In Destin itself (or Holiday isle) what are the best Non-Chain places to eat?

WE've tried the Back Porch(mostly fried) and a few others that were just 'ok". Of course I'm from Louisisana, so we have great food here & I'm picky. :lol:

We have been going to Marina Cafe for years - it is an excellent fine-dining restaurant. No fried food here.

From Louisiana too, so I know what your saying ;-)

edit: Flamingo Cafe closed up last year and Destin Chops moved in (same ownership as Marina Cafe). Louisiana Lagniappe was originally started by a Louisiana transplant and the food was great. He sold the restaurant a few years ago, moved back to Baton Rouge and re-opened an LL there.
 
Last edited:
Does anyone in the Seagrove/Grayton/Blue Mt. Beach area have fried shrimp that comes close to what Nicks used to have? Their shrimp was the best...we miss it!
 
To drsvelte: Thanks for the update regarding Flamingo Cafe.

To others: I forgot about La Paz. It's good, but it's a chain - I've been to one in Atlanta. Check out http://www.lapaz.com. I think CajunGal was looking for non-chain restaurants in Destin. But then there are some chains that I like, such as Houston's and Pappasito's.
 
In Destin, I'm very fond of Landry's. I'm even fonder in the off-season, when you don't have to wait 45 minutes.

I do appreciate this thread too - it's very useful even when you are local, especially if you spend most of your time on or north of 98. You guys have talked me into forcing a family outing to the Smiling Fish Cafe and probably Yianni's too!
 
ShallowsNole said:
I do appreciate this thread too - it's very useful even when you are local, especially if you spend most of your time on or north of 98. You guys have talked me into forcing a family outing to the Smiling Fish Cafe and probably Yianni's too!
Ditto that! I'm dumping the whole thread to a tree to take along for next week! (beach is one week out of the year the electronics & I part company :biggrin:)
 
AlwaysBeachin' said:
Does Blue Orleans serve dinner? Reservations necessary? What kind of menu , atmosphere and attire? Good wine selection?

Went to Blue Orleans yesterday for lunch. Their lunch specials were the dinners that they will be serving starting next Thursday. Had the crawfish cakes and they were delicious! Cajun type food. Lunches were about $8-$11. THey serve breakfast until 2pm, so that works well to feed the kids. Casual atmosphere for lunch. Not sure about the wine. Met the owner and he seems to be fun guy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top