• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Favorite restaurants

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
My roomie is to start working at the Great Southern Cafe (Old Shades in Seaside) when the open. They had a food tasting Friday and Saturday nites and she says the food is Awesome! I can't wait to try that!
 
scrltbegonya said:
My roomie is to start working at the Great Southern Cafe (Old Shades in Seaside) when the open. They had a food tasting Friday and Saturday nites and she says the food is Awesome! I can't wait to try that!

I know quite a few people that should have been invited. :roll: :lol:
 
scrltbegonya said:
My roomie is to start working at the Great Southern Cafe (Old Shades in Seaside) when the open. They had a food tasting Friday and Saturday nites and she says the food is Awesome! I can't wait to try that!

Sounds very promising! Any word on when the place is scheduled to open?
 
RiverOtter said:
:shock: I'm there! :clap_1:

My husband and I are in SoWal for the week. Thought I'd take
everyone's advice and head to the 331 tonight. Excellent
Sushi!! Sat at the sushi bar and Nick was very attentive and
well informed. This was only the 2nd time I've had sushi and
my husband's first. We both had a wonderful experience!!
The sushi was awesome, passed on the eel, but next time I
might brave it!! I picked up the lunch menu from the Southern
Cafe and walked in and checked it out....looked a little too fancy
for me on vacation and a little $$$$. Maybe, I'll try it one time
and we'll see.
The weather has been awesome and the beach looks great too.....
just so wonderful and funn!! The Seagrove Market Cafe has a
great blackened grouper too.
Yesterday, rode to Lilly Pad's in Grayton and today to Seaside.
Only a few more days left...... Lots of Real Estate for sale also
with a lot of "great" prices..... :wub:
 
We tried this new place and it was the worst meal of our trip. Don't waste your money. Went to the new Shades... loved it !
 
Some of the dishes at Great Southern are spectacular, like the tomato salad and the creamy grits with shrimp. Don't order the steak, if you're simply tired of fish. It should be removed from the menu.

Best meal for the buck is Borago's in Upper Grayton Plaza. Yum, yum! :clap_1:
 
Drive into Destin and right before the bridge to go to Ft. Walton, take a right....You guessed it DEWEY DESTIN. Great for an early dinner or lunch. You have to be there to understand it.
 
The last time we went to Dewey Destin's we ended up one table over from Cash of Cash's liquor and strip club fame. So it's definitely a local color sort of place.
 
I heard a lot of good things about DEWEY DESTIN from some locals. We have to try it. I just hate to fight the traffic to get there :idontno: .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top