• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Favorite restaurants

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Donna said:
The D&K Cafe in Old Grayton Beach, across from The Red Bar and upstairs. Can't beat the food, the prices, and the ambience. You can sit outside with a nice view of the Gulf and a breeze. Their gumbo, fish salad and fish sandwiches are the best I've had anywhere. We also get a double order of the boiled shrimp for the table. Had my husband's birthday party there and Doug did a great job for our group of 36 people. They are the favorite of all our guests at Grayton and everyone goes home with a D&K tee-shirt. During the off season, open for lunch and weekend nights only. During season, lunch and dinner daily. (D&K stands for Doug and Kathy, the owners.) A great place!

Yum Yum!!! One of the best times for me at D&K's is to sit outside in January and slurp down some of the delicious gumbo! We also like the gumbo at Hurricane's, but sure miss the rice! I guess it's low-carb!!! Is gumbo w/ or w/o rice a debate like chili w/ or w/o beans?

Remember D&K when they were located in the Cafe Tango spot? Love Cafe Tango, too!
 
pk305 said:
Kathy, THANKS SO MUCH for the info on the names!! It's a brilliant system, of course!!
No wonder I couldn't figure it out. :) Can't wait to get mine changed!!


You are the captain of your ship!!! Ask RO (not Ro!...might need a new name RO!) how to up your posts...he is the master!
 
Sueshore said:
Yum Yum!!! One of the best times for me at D&K's is to sit outside in January and slurp down some of the delicious gumbo! We also like the gumbo at Hurricane's, but sure miss the rice! I guess it's low-carb!!! Is gumbo w/ or w/o rice a debate like chili w/ or w/o beans?

Remember D&K when they were located in the Cafe Tango spot? Love Cafe Tango, too!
Cafe Tango is currently one of my top one or two favorites. "Southof30A Grille" is my other.
 
drsvelte said:
Gumbo w/o rice is not gumbo. What could they be thinking! :shock:


That's what I thought! It is truly a tasty broth, but gumbo with rice is much more nice!!! Solution # 1: Buy their gumbo to go...add rice at home and dig in! Solution # 2: Hand them a box of rice when ordering and tell them of their sins!!
 
Sueshore said:
That's what I thought! It is truly a tasty broth, but gumbo with rice is much more nice!!! Solution # 1: Buy their gumbo to go...add rice at home and dig in! Solution # 2: Hand them a box of rice when ordering and tell them of their sins!!
or Solution #3, come to my house for the best Gumbo you will ever eat. Technicaly speaking, mine is not Gumbo because I do not use okra to thicken. Instead I use a roux which gives a much richer flavor and does not present a slimey texture. Also, some good 'ole homemade cornbread goes down well with tasty Gumbo. Did I mention that I make it in big batches? It changes greatly over the 2-3 days which is in my refrigerator.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top