• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Favorite restaurants

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Beach Runner! I didn't see the WaterColor Market on there...great spot for picking up coffee and lunch. Good sandwiches and salads. I'm looking forward to trying out some new places!
 
My favorite is always Borogo. Excellent Food.Serving light dishes with fish and chicken to more hearty dishes like your favourite pasta dish. This place is beautiful, with a patio you can dine on that I like. Two of my favorite things served are the arugula saladwith gorgonzola cheese and walnuts with lemon and olive oil,Mmmmmmmmm... and the refreshing Belini. So, I like the food, the drinks and the atmosphere.
 
Sunnystreak said:
My favorite is always Borogo. Excellent Food.Serving light dishes with fish and chicken to more hearty dishes like your favourite pasta dish. This place is beautiful, with a patio you can dine on that I like. Two of my favorite things served are the arugula saladwith gorgonzola cheese and walnuts with lemon and olive oil,Mmmmmmmmm... and the refreshing Belini. So, I like the food, the drinks and the atmosphere.
Be sure to check out the new Martini menu. Note, to get the arugula salad, you better go early because they tend to sell out quickly. My favorite dish is the Sea Scallop with roasted tomatoes appetizer, and I don't like tomatoes! You can also ask for it as a larger entree portion. Now, I am getting hungry. I guess the Fuji Apple and Guinness are not holding in there, but I will make it until tomorrow. My figure doesn't need any assistance in its current expansion anyway.
 
Smiling JOe said:
Be sure to check out the new Martini menu. Note, to get the arugula salad, you better go early because they tend to sell out quickly. My favorite dish is the Sea Scallop with roasted tomatoes appetizer, and I don't like tomatoes! You can also ask for it as a larger entree portion. Now, I am getting hungry. I guess the Fuji Apple and Guinness are not holding in there, but I will make it until tomorrow. My figure doesn't need any assistance in its current expansion anyway.


AGREEEEEE...those sea scallops are so good, I ask for the entree portion!!! I am so glad that Borago has caught on! We've been going there religiously since it opened...sometimes being close to the only diners there! One thing has not changed...the people and the food are fantastic!! CHOCOLATE CREME BRULEE????? OMG, that is the best dessert on 30-A!!
 
Where are the more atsy modern places to hang out in the evening say in Seaside or WaterColor. Places with some live jazz or acoustic or funky art with a young artsy crowd. Maybe soewhere with a latin beat or another cultural or time set. Anyone know of anything like that?? I haven't been down in a couple of years and know things have changed. I am looking for special spunky without being spooky places to chill out and rub elbows with people like me. Not moms and dads and kidddie-poos. :idontno:
 
Wine Spectator ranked Vin'tij Wine Boutique & Bistro in Destin with a BAE (Best of Award of Excellence).

Here's my latest list. I included the URLs for those that I could find.
 
Last edited:
Thanks BR...I posted elsewhere that I printed your list and sent it with my husband to put in the guestbook along with the address for the BEST web site ever....www.sowal.com!
 
Sunnystreak said:
like any wine bars, festivals, drumming circles, art shows, Seside jamborie or something?

Don't think you will find that here. The closest thing to Latin music is CoCo's mexican restaurant on Sat night for Salsa Dancing, but the crowd is not the artsy fartsy type.

Mostly, this area is family oriented. Try the Red Bar or 3 Thirty One.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top