• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Favorite restaurants

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunnystreak said:
like any wine bars, festivals, drumming circles, art shows, Seside jamborie or something?

I am laughing so hard I can't breathe!!! Sunnystreak, I love your words...drumming circle, jamboree. Wasn't there a thread about activities going on a while back? For my money, I want to be on the beach in a chair (NO TENT) watching Smiling JOe "drum" some sense in to the dune crushers, no matter what they are wearing!!!!
 
Sunnystreak said:
Where are the more atsy modern places to hang out in the evening say in Seaside or WaterColor. Places with some live jazz or acoustic or funky art with a young artsy crowd. Maybe soewhere with a latin beat or another cultural or time set. Anyone know of anything like that?? I haven't been down in a couple of years and know things have changed. I am looking for special spunky without being spooky places to chill out and rub elbows with people like me. Not moms and dads and kidddie-poos. :idontno:
The Old Florida Fish House off of 30-A has a nice bar and live music. We liked it (the food) so much we went back twice. We did eat in the restaurant area with the kiddie-poos, but wish we were with out them so we could go and enjoy the younger crowd in the bar area. Great food. Fine service. Nice seafood bisque.
 
Borago is amazing. The drinks are top in the area. Unfortunately Jay, the best bartender and great conversationalist is no longer bartending there! I believe he started a family and decided to quit the bartending gig. He was the BEST though! Especially the Belinni Martinis.
 
Kimmifunn said:
Borago is amazing. The drinks are top in the area. Unfortunately Jay, the best bartender and great conversationalist is no longer bartending there! I believe he started a family and decided to quit the bartending gig. He was the BEST though! Especially the Belinni Martinis.

FYI- Jay can be found next door at Johnny Earle's "Criollas." He took a management job there and seems very happy with the change. Jay is an awesome guy.
 
Really??? I'll definitely have to swing in there and say hi! I thought he was just playing Mr. Mom! Good to know...thanks!
 
Gross. Please, let's not go there.
 
Please. You worked there. You know the dirty little secrets! :shock:
 
Mrs. Svelte and I spent a hot, but fun, afternoon checking out the boat show at the Santa Rosa mall in Mary Esther. They had more and bigger (up to 32?) boats on display than at the show at the Superdome for which you fork out $10 per to have some shill try to sell you a bass boat. It was low key and pleasant except for the heat.

By the time we got home, neither of us wanted to cook. We thought about going to Vin?tij, but ended up bopping over to Bistro Bijoux, simply because it was closer. We started with steamed mussels in tomatoes, white wine & chorizo sausage with some fantastic bread for dipping up the leftover sauce ? excellent. We split a Caesar-like salad of romaine, roasted tomatoes, and peppers ? good, but Mrs. Svelte was not impressed with the creamy dressing. For entrees, I had a roasted grouper filet topped with a tomato & asparagus confit with portabello mushroom fritters. Splashed with garlic infused aioli. Wow! Mrs. Svelte opted for grilled garlic shrimp served atop grits topped by asparagus and a tarragon sauce. At this point we were both stuffed, but couldn?t pass up the key lime cheesecake with raspberry/mango sauce. It was all very, very good with an attentive and friendly server.

We give it 4 ? forks. :clap_1:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top