• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Favorite restaurants

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be making our yearly trek to Destin the week of Sept. 9th. Was wondering what you guys thought of the following:

Smiling Fish - We love 30A, this thread mentions it's cheaper and the food is just as good. Any other folks have similar opinions?

Fish out of Water
Cafe Tango
Blue by Night

We always try to add a new restaurant each trip and would like to add the best of the above. We don't get much fresh seafood here in Elvis town so we load up on it when we are in Destin.

Help us decide!
Thanks in advance!
 
We will be making our yearly trek to Destin the week of Sept. 9th. Was wondering what you guys thought of the following:

Smiling Fish - We love 30A, this thread mentions it's cheaper and the food is just as good. Any other folks have similar opinions?

Fish out of Water
Cafe Tango
Blue by Night

We always try to add a new restaurant each trip and would like to add the best of the above. We don't get much fresh seafood here in Elvis town so we load up on it when we are in Destin.

Help us decide!
Thanks in advance!

You can't go wrong with any of them! Fish Out of Water is bigger and fancier than the other 3. It has gulf views also.
 
Wanted to do Smiling Fish tonight and the recording said that the only night they're open is Tuesday. :idontno:
 
Last edited:
I had dinner at the Terrace last nite after reading about it on the message board. It is now my new favorite restaurant down here !! EXcellent cuisine, friendly and professional service very intimate and pleasing ambience, wonderful presentation with ample portions, and best of all very reasonably priced. My only criticism would be the choice of background dinner music. I think classical music as opposed to 50's and 60's "rock" would be more appropriate.
 
Okay, I just have to ask this ? What is up with the Grecian Gardens? :idontno:
 
Of course, I haven't read all of these posts, so forgive me if this has already been said.

I recommend trying the Old Florida Fish House. I work there, so I'm biased, but I honestly think we have the best sushi on 30-A!
 
Try the $20 dinner special at Caf? Thirty-A. It includes salad, main course, and dessert. My husband had it last night and said it was really good. Good deal considering that the cheapest entr?e (other than pizza) is $26.
 
Okay, I just have to ask this ? What is up with the Grecian Gardens? :idontno:

I tried it and wasn't impressed........
The meal was served with white rice, white cold bread and wasn't tasteful at all.
Has anyone else out there given it a go?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top