• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Favorite restaurants

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never ever been. and I've never heard anyone say they have (except joho).
I am still waiting to hear the someone has been to Grecian Gardens before I go. That seems like a wierd place -- mostly because no one ever eats there and they are still open. I bet it is easy working at the place. :funn:
 
I am still waiting to hear the someone has been to Grecian Gardens before I go. That seems like a wierd place -- mostly because no one ever eats there and they are still open. I bet it is easy working at the place. :funn:

:lolabove: That's exactly why I keep asking! It's like that everytime we pass by! :blink:

Is it really a BINGO parlor? If so, let's go!!!!
 
every time we go by the grecian gardens we think of the music man, and the mayors wife saying "one grecian urn", "two grecian urns"... we always say it out loud - it's tradition !
 
Smiling Fish - We love 30A, this thread mentions it's cheaper and the food is just as good. Any other folks have similar opinions?

Fish out of Water
Cafe Tango
Blue by Night

QUOTE]

I wasn't too impressed with Blue by Night -- (however, I do like it's daytime personality Summer Kitchen.) We had reservations one night at 8 -- which apparently is way late for winter beach restaurants. We were the only ones there and the wait staff let us know that they were ready to go home! Since we were the only table -- you would think that our food would have been perfect. Not so! :(

It wasn't such a terrible exprience that I wouldn't go back. But if I was only going to hit ONE new restaurant during a trip, I would go with another one!
 
I ate at Grecian Gardens 2 years ago. It the owner cooked and served. There were only 2 other people there besides my friend and myself. It was ok(not as good as some Greek rest. Ive been to in other cities) We did have lots of wine though.
 
The Grecian Garden is owned by the same family that has Bouzouki Cafe.
I think the wife runs the Grecian Garden, the husdand Bouzouki. The family resides at the Grecian Garden that's why it looks bigger than it is.

I've given it (GG) two chances and both times I wasn't impressed.

Too many other great places to eat in Sowal.
 
We are still wild for Borago at Grayton. And very eager for the opening of the "new" D&K, an old fav of ours and only a stone's throw from our house. I hear very good things about the new restaurant at the Hotel DeFuniak, which was formerly The Busy Bee Cafe. Very good fried green to-may-ters and panko-crusted grouper sandwich. A really great outing would consist of a trip to DeFuniak to view "the illuminations" around the lake, dinner at Hotel DeFuniak, and a trip to the public library. The library is the oldest continuous operating library in the State of Florida. In addition to a beautiful view of the lake and the lighting there, it has exhibits dating back to the Civil War and a charming interior. Bailey White, who often tells stories on PBR, wrote a story about that library, contained in one of her books.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top