• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Favorite restaurants

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is alot of construction going on, around the Old Florida Fish House and Bar, located between Seagrove and Seacrest. The entire area, seems to be growing like crazy! Please don't let that deter anyone, :welcome: the experience will still be phenominal! :clap_1: The large building in front closest to 30A, will consist of Retail and of course, Condos! Don't forget to ask for my son, Russ! As I've said, he really is one of their best servers. He takes alot of pride in providing his guests, with a terrific dining experience! :D
 
Thanks, Diane. I've passed this restaurant so many times and have wanted to try it, but never seem to get there in the evening. I may try in November (and will ask for your son!). This place will be very convenient and a nice change from the more well-known restaurants along 30A for people at Rosemary Beach, Seacrest Beach, Cottages at Camp Creek and other communities on that side of 30A. I'm glad it's there, and hope it makes it. Luna Del Mare didn't make it and I wanted to try that, too, (but never got a chance) because the view looks wonderful and peaceful.
 
Ck it out when you can, Paula and don't forget to let others know about it! Speaking for myself and not being easily impressed, this place was a huge, DELIGHT :wub: With the owners of this establishment having such success in other restaurants, I'm sure that they'll continue, to do well! I understand that one of the owners owns Harbor Docks and everyone knows, they're GREAT! :razz: I didn't even like suchi before and they have an unbelievable selection. I'm told that their suchi chef is pheonominal and I agree! :clap_1:
 
Hi, I'm new here and have been reading about all these wonderful restaurants.

We had, through a happy accident, the opportunity to stop at Staff's Restaurant (Miracle Strip Parkway in Fort Walton) last January on our way back from New Orleans. I had soft-shelled crabs the size of bread and butter plates...there were three (I am not a "gulf native" so please excuse my naivety...only ever had tiny soft-shelled crabs before this :idontno: ) and they were absolutely scrumptious. Very, very rich though, so I couldn't even finish two. Did I mention that they were the size of bread and butter plates! :lol: Their prices are extremely reasonable and the portions are very large...almost too large!

Staff's is unpretentious with a friendly and efficient wait-staff. We had been on the road for about 4 hours, and just stopped in for a meal and a break. I can't wait to go back! :drool:

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. What a great topic.
 
Welcome Whitesands!! I have always wanted to try Staff's...I see it advertised on Beach TV and it looks great. Been around forever, too! Maybe one day I will get over that way and try it on your recommendation!
 
Another one in the Ft. Walton Beach area that I like is The Summerhouse, which moved to Okaloosa Island a while back.
 
Could somebody please provide phone number of the new restaurant on Eastern Lake called Old Florida Fish House? Thank you
 
After calling the Walton county tourist center ( they had no clue) and searching the internet I resorted to calling Harbor Docks to get the Old Florida Fish House phone number:
534-3045.

The Old Florida Fish House is located on Eastern Lake on 30A and operate 5 to 10pm everyday except Sunday when they are open 5 to 9:30.
Reservations are not required.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top