• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Favorite restaurants

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most famous, most awards: Criollas $$$$
http://www.graytonbeach.com/criollas

Best bartender, best Italian food: Borago $$$
http://www.graytonbeach.com/borago

Best Thai food: Royal Orchid $$
Best family Italian: Angelina's $$
Best steak: Pandora's $$$
Best seafood: it's funny that we don't have a superb seafood restaurant but many restaurants that do seafood very well. I prefer to buy mine raw and cook it up myself mostly.

Some favorites - Cafe Tango, Bloom's Cafe, Piccolo's Restaurant (aka The Red Bar http://graytonbeach.com/redbar.html), Basmati's, The 3-Thirty-1 http://www.graytonbeach.com/the331, Smiling Fish, Fish Out of Water http://www.graytonbeach.com/fishoutofwater, Luna Del Mar, The Donut Hole.

If I've left anyone off it may be because I haven't eaten at your restaurant and you should call me and invite me before I start writing my reviews. :D



Yes there is a superb seafood restaurant now!!! Mitchells Fish Market in Grand blvd in Sandestin...its really good!! go check it out!!
 
thanks for the tip--i've never eaten at Blue Orleans! I'll have to go there and check them out asap.... if anyone thinks of any others that might be under the radar, please let me know! i'm trying to build a list of local favs on my website (www.30A.com) ... i know it's all very subjective and there are a lot of great choices out there, but i really want to make an effort to give the "right people" some much-deserved business.... (just in case it matters to anyone, fyi, my site's a totally non-commercial venture...i do it just for fun)....
 
The scooterbug fave is the rosemary skewered scallops over tasso grits or the grilled shrimp salad.

Blue Orleans should start a thread to announce the bands playing that week/night.

Wonderful!:clap: :drool: Hope to have it again this vacation!!:biggrin:
 
HowellUNc,

Maybe I'm stupid or something, but I can't find the GB julep recipe.

I want it, I need it, weekend not too far away, LET ME HAVE IT NOW!!!


please?? LOL:rolling:
 
Folks, I am so sorry but I got sooooooo many hits on my (Poor) website that we temporarily got lost - however, we're back up but with new recipes! For those of you who missed it here is the recipe for Grayton Beach Juleps!

[SIZE=+1] May I suggest a . . .
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2] Grayton Beach Julep [/SIZE]
3 tsp. instant tea
1 (12 oz.) can frozen orange juice
1 (12 oz.) can frozen lemonade
1-1/2 c. sugar
1 c. water
2 c. whiskey
10-12 Mint Sprigs
Mix all together well. Freeze in two containers.
(One half tonight, the rest tomorrow a.m.)
When ready scoop out slush and fill glass 1/2 full,
top off with 7-Up and a fresh sprig. Very tasty.

Enjoy!

Ken
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top