• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Favorite restaurants

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found The Lake Place when I reduced the search area to 5 mile radius from 32459, but still wonder about the promo code.

edit: I clicked on the buy button to see if you can print it or if the coupon has to be shipped and I found the entry for the promo code giving you the $25 coupon for $5 rather than $10. Not bad for a dinner for two, getting you $20 off the food, but I cannot recall ever remembering to bring a coupon with me anywhere.
 
Last edited:
the coupon is good for one year after date of purchase and you are allowed to use one a month for each restaurant. We have really enjoyed trying new restaurants using the certificates.
 
A couple years back, a charity group in FWB got us to buy one of those coupon books, and we did end up using a pretty good number of the coupons. Nice to be able to try a new place, and feel like 'if I don't like it, at least I won't end up feeling like I totally wasted my money'
 
kimmi and i worked there about 4 years ago. we met some hot guys from ole miss that worked there and they told us they made hundreds of dollars a night . so we went there and they hired us instantly (which should have given us a clue seeing as neither one of us ever worked in a restaurant before). we were there about 20mins called it a day then went to poets. i am sure to this day it was one of the best decisions i have ever made.
 
jessifunn said:
kimmi and i worked there about 4 years ago. we met some hot guys from ole miss that worked there and they told us they made hundreds of dollars a night . so we went there and they hired us instantly (which should have given us a clue seeing as neither one of us ever worked in a restaurant before). we were there about 20mins called it a day then went to poets. i am sure to this day it was one of the best decisions i have ever made.

I don't know...it provided some pretty good material. I still have several friends from my 18 year old summer stint there, and we have some hilarious (and scary) stories. But you're right - good decision.
 
steeleing1 said:
I don't know...it provided some pretty good material. I still have several friends from my 18 year old summer stint there, and we have some hilarious (and scary) stories. But you're right - good decision.

Oh yeah. We were determined to make the big bucks that summer. I remember walking off with my "tranier" and just knowing this wasn't going to work. I met J-Funn in the bathroom and we changed shirts and told them that "It's just not for us". Maybe we like to be served as opposed to serve. Either way...something in that kitchen rubbed me the wrong way...

We saw those guys that trained us out at Bud's every night after that. It was a little embarassing...but what do you do? :idontno:

We lasted 27 minutes. I resumed my employment at Mars and Venus for the remainder of the summer!
 
after we changed our shirts (the real nice ones with the picture of a goat and floating feathers all over and oh yeah and they only came in XXL) k-funn pushed me up the stairs in front of everyone who worked there. then kim broke the shelf in the closet that had all the employees personal stuff keys, phones, and so on. everyone stuff was lost at the bottom of the closet but somehow we found our keys and got out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top