• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Favorite restaurants

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
no problemo John R, :lol: They also have another Spicy Noodle in Panama City Beach across from where the old Ocean Oprey was in the Promenade Mall
 
In Freeport, Chapman's on 331 seems to have been sold and been renamed Fannin's. Looks like it's still the same after-church crowd in the parking lot when we drive by on Sundays.
 
Beach Runner said:
All of our friends rave about Old Florida Fish House. We went last night, and it was just "eh." Obviously we ordered the wrong thing because I've never heard a negative review (although I haven't had time to read every post on this thread). Any suggestions?

I hope it is successful -it must be tough for them being hidden behind all that construction.

It has one of the nicest dining views on 30A
 
Smiling JOe said:
Eat elsewhere:idontno:. When they first opened, I heard mixed reviews. I have eaten there only once for dinner and ate only a sushi roll or two. They were good. Service was very good.


Smiling JOe, can you recommend the best places for sushi on 30A?

Thanks!
 
MKH said:
Smiling JOe, can you recommend the best places for sushi on 30A?

Thanks!
Difficult question for me to answer. Anyone else want to chime in? IMO, Fish Out of Water or Basmati's may serve the best sushi on 30-A. I love to eat good sushi, but the sushi around here needs a bit of help. If you areever in Atlanta, I can give you some awesome recommendations for sushi, where the seafood is overnighted almost daily from the best places all over the world. ;-)
 
Smiling JOe said:
Difficult question for me to answer. Anyone else want to chime in? IMO, Fish Out of Water or Basmati's may serve the best sushi on 30-A.
In all fairness, I haven't had sushi at either of those places, but I think Nick at Cafe 331 does a fantastic job. Have only had really great stuff there, with my last visit there being even better than my first.
 
peapod1980 said:
In all fairness, I haven't had sushi at either of those places, but I think Nick at Cafe 331 does a fantastic job. Have only had really great stuff there, with my last visit there being even better than my first.
I like Nick, and think he rolls decent Sushi, but the fish is not as fresh as that to which I am accustomed. ;-) I eat at Nick's bar often, but I know the difference.
 
Jaie from Borago?

Thanks for the good information!

I know I read this somewhere on this board in the last few days or so, but now I cannot find it again-where did Jaie from Borago go? :idontno: I believe someone put on this board where he is now working. I went to Borago last year while in SoWal, and yes, his margaritas are the best. I'm always ready to try new places, though, and I'd love to visit his bar again...

Thank you-reading this board is such a huge factor in helping me make the most of my trip to SoWal each year. I love the information that is shared, and it is so much fun, just like SoWal is....

Marsha
 
Re: Jaie from Borago?

MKH said:
Thanks for the good information!

I know I read this somewhere on this board in the last few days or so, but now I cannot find it again-where did Jaie from Borago go? :idontno: I believe someone put on this board where he is now working. I went to Borago last year while in SoWal, and yes, his margaritas are the best. I'm always ready to try new places, though, and I'd love to visit his bar again...

Thank you-reading this board is such a huge factor in helping me make the most of my trip to SoWal each year. I love the information that is shared, and it is so much fun, just like SoWal is....

Marsha

He is next door at Criollas.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top