• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fences...

New posts

whitesands

Beach Lover
I have noticed that there are a lot of "pet friendly" beach houses available for rent. I am also aware that dogs must be on leash if going for a walk, etc. What I wonder if why there aren't too many beach house rentals with a fenced off area for pets or even for small children, who, of course, would be supervised. I think I did read here somewhere that fences are not considered as "beautifying" if that's a word. Is that why most pet-owning beach house owners don't put them up? Just wondering.
 
Our beach rental house is pet-friendly and has a nice fenced in backyard. Parents and dog-owners love it, as do we.. But we're in an older, established part of Seacrest built originally for full-time residents, so maybe that's why ours has one.
pool2.jpg
 
Great yard kb! The dogs must love that! That was the only negative about having Molly at the beach...leash at all times...so a little patch would be nice.

FUNNy penguins!!
 
Very nice fenced in back yard katie blue...nice to be able to let the dogs out for a lie in the sun. Ours are very much "couch potatoes" (except that they have their own beds, so they are definately not allowed on the couch), but it really is nice if they can be off leash and lie in the yard for a time.

Thanks for your post, Sueshore, or should I say "Miss Kitty", I agree...a small patch would be nice.

But really, it seems that fences are really not at all popular. With all the dog lovers here on the board, I just wondered why not. It would be so nice for them to be able to have some freedom off leash. Perhaps it's as I thought...that fences are just not thought of as "pretty" at the beach?!

Anyone else care to share their views?
 
In most cases, the property is too expensive to use any for a fenced in yard.
Just a thought...
 
I hear ya...but just a few square feet under the shade of a tree (don't know what kind of shade trees you have...not familiar with the names)...doesn't take much...and I've noticed there are so many people here who have pets. Maybe they just let them go?! Not saying that they do...

btw goodwitch58 :welcome:
 
katie blue said:
Our beach rental house is pet-friendly and has a nice fenced in backyard. Parents and dog-owners love it, as do we.. But we're in an older, established part of Seacrest built originally for full-time residents, so maybe that's why ours has one.
pool2.jpg
Yes, I love your back yard too. Love all the vegetation.
But I REALLY love the penguins! I find myself watching it over & over, laughing at it! HA!
 
Hm, looks a bit overgrown there in that shot, doesnt it. Maybe i need to get down more often to tend it. Yeah, that's the ticket...

But yeah, the penguins are hyp-motizing me too. The one on the left is such a sad sack, and the one on the right has no qualms about taking him down whatsoever. Too funny.
 
whitesands said:
I hear ya...but just a few square feet under the shade of a tree (don't know what kind of shade trees you have...not familiar with the names)...doesn't take much...and I've noticed there are so many people here who have pets. Maybe they just let them go?! Not saying that they do...

btw goodwitch58 :welcome:

Yes, welcome!!! Goodwitch58. But I have to tell ya, something is VERY strange. Just 2 nights ago I was telling my kids I used to call my Grandma -Grandma Good witch. Then last night I was telling my Mom that my late Grandma was always 58 years old to me b/c she had a big party when she was 58 and I just always remembered that.
 
Ocean Lover said:

Yes, welcome!!! Goodwitch58. But I have to tell ya, something is VERY strange. Just 2 nights ago I was telling my kids I used to call my Grandma -Grandma Good witch. Then last night I was telling my Mom that my late Grandma was always 58 years old to me b/c she had a big party when she was 58 and I just always remembered that.

do do do do....I like this "mystery' much better!!!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top