• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fine Dining Recommendations

New posts
In the spirit of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" I don't have a problem with restaurants having the same basic menu, but I always enjoy seasonal dishes or a special (or 3) to break up the monotonony for frequent diners.

IMO the chef isn't using the freshest ingredients if every dish is the same 365 days a year. ;-)
 
If you are here for a Sunday the best brunch deal in town , I think, is at the Santa Rosa Beach Club. Great views of the beach, large selection of good eats, linen and silverware but unpretentious. Best of all the price; $15 per. Reservations recommended during in season.
 
If you are here for a Sunday the best brunch deal in town , I think, is at the Santa Rosa Beach Club. Great views of the beach, large selection of good eats, linen and silverware but unpretentious. Best of all the price; $15 per. Reservations recommended during in season.

Sorry it just doesn't compare to Fire's brunch. I am slightly biased, but you really can't beat bottomless champagne.
 
I don't have a recommendation, but I do have a plea!

Please leave the little kids at home if you are going to any of the restaurants mentioned as fine/fine casual dining in this thread!

Especially if you're the type of people who think it's cute/ok to let them run wild, break things, and annoy other diners. :angry:
 
If you are here for a Sunday the best brunch deal in town , I think, is at the Santa Rosa Beach Club. Great views of the beach, large selection of good eats, linen and silverware but unpretentious. Best of all the price; $15 per. Reservations recommended during in season.

I don't drink, so I'll take the view over champagne anytime. Besides they have awesome cheesy grits and you're right, great price for the combo of good eats, view and ambiance. :drool:

Scooter? Are unruly children really a problem? I mean, most families are on vacation, may not have brought a nanny or have a sitter, and usually won't go out if their children are tired from a day at the beach or pool. Not to mention the whole family is usually jovial since they are vacationing. Unless the kid is screaming bloody hail or playing rodeo roundup with the lobsters, I enjoy seeing families eating out.
(even lobster rodeo could be fun to watch) :blush:
 
Last edited:
If you are here for a Sunday the best brunch deal in town , I think, is at the Santa Rosa Beach Club. Great views of the beach, large selection of good eats, linen and silverware but unpretentious. Best of all the price; $15 per. Reservations recommended during in season.


You better go before Mango does....if you want any grits. :biggrin:

I don't drink, so I'll take the view over champagne anytime. Besides they have awesome cheesy grits. :drool:

Scooter? Are unruly children really a problem? I mean most families are on vacation, may not have brought a nanny or have a sitter, and usually won't go out if their children are tired from a day at the beach or pool. Not to mention the whole family is usually jovial since they are vacationing. Unless the kid is screaming bloody hail or playing rodeo roundup with the lobsters, I enjoy seeing families eating out.
(even lobster rodeo could be fun to watch) :blush:

:wave:
 
I don't drink, so I'll take the view over champagne anytime. Besides they have awesome cheesy grits. :drool:

Scooter? Are unruly children really a problem? I mean most families are on vacation, may not have brought a nanny or have a sitter, and usually won't go out if their children are tired from a day at the beach or pool. Not to mention the whole family is usually jovial since they are vacationing. Unless the kid is screaming bloody hail or playing rodeo roundup with the lobsters, I enjoy seeing families eating out.
(even lobster rodeo could be fun to watch) :blush:

I love kids...when fine dining, I appreciate an adult atmosphere. Kids are worn out when on vacation or just plain hyped up from being away from their normal routine. I recommend that children dine before 6:30. I've been proven wrong...some kids do fine and are well behaved...while others are plain monsters.:D
 
Thanks to everyone that suggested D&K's for this category. It's so hard to be everything to everyone....but we try. Sometimes you will see sequins and on that very same night group of tourists arrive in shorts, flaps and T-shirts. We are still evolving as each month passes......but we will always have wonderful food and plenty of art work to keep you talking.

God bless you all....I have missed you.

:wave::wub:Kat:welcome:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top