• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fire Safety for Rentals

New posts

Seaquell.net

Beach Comber
For the owners:

I'm getting ready for our inaugural rental season. I have a copy of the Uniform Fire Safety Standards and think that I need to put up a sign with the floor plan and evacuation routes, and locate where the fire extinguishers are. Two questions:

1) Does anyone have a sample I can see?
2) Do you need to mount the fire extinguisher on the wall, or can it be placed on the floor?

Any thoughts, advice, or comments welcome. Thanks.

Seaquell.net
 
You might also want to check with the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation, Division of Hotels, as they are the ones that will need to conduct your fire safety inspection in preparation for issuing your license - if they haven't already done so.

UNFORTUNATELY, in an effort to streamline state government, they no longer have a local telephone number. :bang: The number to their Tallahassee call center is (850) 487-1395. As to getting to speak with the person you need, good luck... :idontno:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top