• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fire!

New posts
I finally had the occasion to hit Fire! last night with Rapunz, Dargs and Capn Crazy/Gypsea duo. I must say, it was way better than I expected it to be. We settled in and the chef sent out a complimentary tapas plate for everyone! It was a slice of roma tomato on some greens, and it was topped with a creamy sauce and/or olive tapenade;I didn't catch the official description, but it was delicious. We started with the dip trio, the dip I had was the olive and it was as delicious as I remember it in NOLA. We also had sundried tomato and apricot habenero in the trio, and it was all consumed readily. Then each couple had a salad that was large enough to share. The salads were very good and fresh. My entree was a stuffed pork chop, which was out of this world delicious. Rapunz had scallops which she only allowed me to have a tiny nibble of and it was killer. I don't remember what everyone else had, but all seemed very pleased. We also drank three bottles of wine :biggrin: We passed on dessert because we were full, but the offerings sounded fantastic. I must also make mention of our waiter, Stewart (or maybe spelled Stuart) who efficiently and merrily attended to us.:wave: Brenda Darr was there, (as she always was in NOLA) and the house was packed! As somebody who ate at the NOLA version of Fire! and the new one, I must say the food here was better than the old offerings, and I guess that has to do with a new chef being on board. And just so you know, this is not a New Orleans restaurant...it is unique and has a menu unlike any other in the area. If you have not tried it yet, do so soon:wave:
 
I'm so there--in Oct. :clap:
 
:clap: ....please more info on the scallops!!!!
 
See, Miss Kitty, there's the difference between you and me...I would ask about the wine...:lol: (and the dessert)
 
:clap: ....please more info on the scallops!!!!


Pan seared, super-sweet, served with the yummiest crispy discs of eggplant. I'm not an olive lover, so I didn't eat the olive relish. But, OMG- the risotto!!

From the menu...

Pan Seared Diver Scallops
Crispy Eggplant, Marscapone-Arugula Risotto, Roasted red Pepper-Black Olive Relish
 
Pan seared, super-sweet, served with the yummiest crispy discs of eggplant. I'm not an olive lover, so I didn't eat the olive relish. But, OMG- the risotto!!

From the menu...

Pan Seared Diver Scallops
Crispy Eggplant, Marscapone-Arugula Risotto, Roasted red Pepper-Black Olive Relish


:cry: ...eggplant...:puke: But, that's okay, I talked a chef into putting scallops on jalapeno cheese grits instead of pureed legume something last night! I attempted to talk the server into seeing if the chef could possibly recreate Borago's scallops, but I must say this dish was delish!!! :clap:
 
:cry: ...eggplant...:puke: But, that's okay, I talked a chef into putting scallops on jalapeno cheese grits instead of pureed legume something last night! I attempted to talk the server into seeing if the chef could possibly recreate Borago's scallops, but I must say this dish was delish!!! :clap:

This dish will change your mind about eggplant. Bdarg thought it was great, and he is not an eggplant guy.
 
Love me some eggplant! :wub:
 
This dish will change your mind about eggplant. Bdarg thought it was great, and he is not an eggplant guy.

Well, if it's okay with Bdarg, I'll try it. :wave: Gosh...this is making me miss y'all, like real bad. :( ...but it's getting close, 27 days!!!! :D
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top