• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fireworks Display

New posts
hutch said:
What Seaside did not like our show last year?? :laughing1 Maybe they should hire us. We had a crowd. Neighbors and I spent over $1000. We enjoyed it and it was fun to watch how much the kids enjoyed it. Seaside security ask us not to do it again this year. Now we know why.

The hutch
Yes, the Seaside Police will have to be on guard. Since they are having a "professional" show, they are not allowing personal fireworks.
Thanks to the crazy (brave) folks like Hutch, fireworks at the Beach are always spectacular. I think some people are shooting 4" & 5" rounds. Where they come from, I would not want to know. I had a Pyrotechnic's License, and gave up the craziness. I must say there is no other experience like it, and I have lived on the edge a bit. One too many large rounds exploded far too close to my head. Now the pros use setups that are all electronically controled from afar. We used flares at arms length to light up the show -- Oh the smell of gunpowder.
 
Smiling Joe is right. Much better to let professionals do the fireworks. It will save my fingers and my agent will be happy that there will be less chance of me burning down some 4M beach house. We have always been careful to shooting out over the water and cleaning up our after the show. But accidents do happen. I will just come and enjoy the Seaside show and enjoy drinking one or two!!!

The hutch
of
Starsky and Hutch
 
Garner said:
But Please Please Please - if you do shoot fireworks on the beach, CLEAN UP after yourselves.

Let's expand that to say Please,Please,Please, clean up all trash from the beach!
 
gotothebeachmom said:
Let's expand that to say Please,Please,Please, clean up all trash from the beach!
Heck, I'll say it. In addition to cleaning up the stuff you see in the dark, come back on the morning of July 5 and clean up. Surely, you don't think that the paper wrapping at the site of shooting are the only garbage those things throw off? Last year, I was still seeing firework debris a week later. I use the old rule, "always take out more than you take in." If you see it, why not pick it up and feel good about your self for keeping this place beautiful.
 
Smiling JOe said:
I use the old rule, "always take out more than you take in." If you see it, why not pick it up and feel good about your self for keeping this place beautiful.
If more people acted like you, this truly would be a beautiful world.

I was picking up miscellaneous trash one morning and several visitors came over asking me beachy-type questions because they figured I must "work there." I think they thought I was the janitor.

:)
 
lenzoe said:
I was picking up miscellaneous trash one morning and several visitors came over asking me beachy-type questions because they figured I must "work there." I think they thought I was the janitor.

:)
Happens to me too. Sometimes I get so tired of people asking me questions when I am out and about that I have come up with an idea for a T-shirt.

The shirt would read, "Do you want a free recommendation, a one dollar recommendation, or a five dollar recommendation?" I could probably sell them to all the locals.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top