• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fishing report

New posts
kurt said:
Limit is 6 per person per day, min. 11".
I am aware of that. My wife reeled in 2 and when she left, a stranger walking by pulled in one when I had one on another line. None were close to 11".
 
Santiago said:
I am aware of that. My wife reeled in 2 and when she left, a stranger walking by pulled in one when I had one on another line. None were close to 11".

Whew...glad to hear that! We were going to send BR after you!
 
Santiago said:
Decided to blow off work after lunch today and head to Grayton. Stopped by Yellowfin to pick up shrimp at 1:30. Caught first Pompano at 1:55. Realized I forgot my ice chest, I guess I didn't have very high expectations. Went back to the corner market and bought an ice chest. Back to the beach and fished till 3:45, caught 11 more pompano. Kept 7 for myself and friends and released the last 5. It was a typical postcard day at the beach in October. I think I will go again tomorrow.

Do you site fish for your Pompano or do you just sit there and wait?
 
Santiago said:
I am aware of that. My wife reeled in 2 and when she left, a stranger walking by pulled in one when I had one on another line. None were close to 11".

As long as you're not alone when the Officer comes by. Maybe I'll come by and help you out.
 
kurt said:
As long as you're not alone when the Officer comes by. Maybe I'll come by and help you out.

7 * $300.00 per offense = $2100.00 fine! ouch! and you just nuked a few more by removing some of the the breeding stock (why do you think there's a minimum size that can be taken in the first place?)

a+ there, sherlock
 
Santiago said:
Decided to blow off work after lunch today and head to Grayton. Stopped by Yellowfin to pick up shrimp at 1:30. Caught first Pompano at 1:55. Realized I forgot my ice chest, I guess I didn't have very high expectations. Went back to the corner market and bought an ice chest. Back to the beach and fished till 3:45, caught 11 more pompano. Kept 7 for myself and friends and released the last 5. It was a typical postcard day at the beach in October. I think I will go again tomorrow.

I found out a valuable tidbit of knowledge during my last visit. I am known for trying to heave my bait out as far as possible and just about every time, I sling my bait off and it goes flying down the beach on to someone's tent. :funn:

I went and picked up a pound of fresh shrimp from the grocery and those suckers will stay on the hook because they haven't been frozen. And they don't leave you with stink fingers either. That's what I'll be doing next time!
 
aquaticbiology said:
7 * $300.00 per offense = $2100.00 fine! ouch! and you just nuked a few more by removing some of the the breeding stock (why do you think there's a minimum size that can be taken in the first place?)

a+ there, sherlock
As posted earlier, my wife caught 2 of the fish. We could have legally kept 12 but didn't need that many. In fact, we wouldn't have kept the 7th if it had not been dying from the hook. I fully understand the game and fish laws and probably respect them more than some dumbazz from mizippi, wherever that is. All of the fish were considerably over the minimum, not under. Now I am upset that I spent valuable time responding such an obnoxious idiot.

Best regards
Sherlock
 
:popcorn: :funn:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top