• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Flamingo Village

New posts
This one closes Thursday. I will have another one in Flamingo for $239,000 and will post as soon as I have photos. You can get a home on or near 30A cheaper then north of 98! Who would of thought? Anyway, thanks SoWal. Another sale on the books!:clap:
 
Makes sense to me. A lot of 30-A corridor developments are pre-boom. If the seller is an original owner, or someone who bought like in 2003 or earlier and paid pre-boom prices (and didn't do some huge "cash out your equity" refinance or HELOC) then they can go fairly low price-wise and still come out ahead compared to 2003 prices. The newer developments north of 98 tend to have less of that kind of wiggle room for original buyers.

From what I remember of Flamingo Village in the late 90s and early 00s, you could get something nice but not granite-riffic for less than $175K, and some smaller homes were even less than $150K. So the pre-boom owners, while probably mentally cursing themselves that they didn't sell at the peak, can still come away with what would be reasonable appreciation in a non-boom market.
 
Last edited:
There are many developments north of 98 that are in the same situation. (Daughettes, Point Washington, etc.) I just find it odd why soooooo many of these homes are still over priced with ownership dating back to original owners, etc.
 
I use to never be a huge fan of this neighborhood but recently as the trees have grown and the prices have become affordable, I think I have discovered a diamond in the rough. I think Flamingo is the sleeper on 30A!

I agree with Bobby Flamingo Village seems like a lot of house for the money are there any other comparable subdivisions off 30A?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top