• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Flight Recommendations?

New posts

ChillPill

Beach Fanatic
I'm taking a trip to New England at the end of July and I'm looking for airport/airline suggestions (secret tips) to get me to Logan Airport/Boston from here in sowal.

I'll be staying in Portland, Maine, which is easy to get to from Logan Airport.

When I did a quick search, the prices for 1 in coach were around $500, not including luggage fees. Holy Depressing! :shock: I wasnt expecting that at five weeks in advance.

Appreciate any help you can offer!
Lisa
 
Most likely, the biggest portion of that fee is for the segment between Sowal and what ever city you will connect in. Try to find the lowest fare from Sowal to the city where you can connect and then a second fare from that city to New England. It may mean flying on two different air lines, but that should yield you the lowest fares...
 
why not just fly into Portland? I saw a fare out of Pensacola yesterday for $138 rt; I think it was NW, but not sure.

The last time I flew to Maine, I took NW and flew to Bangor for $280.
You can find good deals if you are stubborn enough LOL. Pensacola will probably, but not always, give you the best $ and connection to many places.

Enjoy Maine--one of my most favorite places!
 
Thanks Goodwitch! I am a stubborn beeotch so I see I just need to be a bit more creative in my search.

I was born and raised in that area & really looking forward to spending time with my family. I'll have a "wicked good Lobstah" for ya, hope you can get there soon too!
 
Last edited:
i'm taking a trip to new england at the end of july and i'm looking for airport/airline suggestions (secret tips) to get me to logan airport/boston from here in sowal.

I'll be staying in portland, maine, which is easy to get to from logan airport.

When i did a quick search, the prices for 1 in coach were around $500, not including luggage fees. Holy depressing! :shock: I wasnt expecting that at five weeks in advance.

Appreciate any help you can offer!
Lisa


im from new england originally and fly there often. I always leave out of ft walton and will likely take one stop either in memphis or atlanta. From there right into boston. It may not hurt to look at flying into manchester, nh. Sometimes they have great deals. Its tough leaving here from such a small airport. Enjoy. But, the rains been coming down lately. What else is new
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top