• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Flip Flops Burger Review

New posts

Geo

Beach Fanatic
I took my parents and my kids to Flip Flops for a late lunch earlier this month. I have to say- they exceeded my expectations...

The decor is very beachy, clean and happy. They made very good use of a relatively small space...

I had their signature burger with bacon, my mom had the gorgonzola burger and my dad had the baja burger. The kids ordered chicken tenders and a hot dog. I went to fetch our food when the order was ready and I was immediately struck by the look of the burgers. VERY NICE!

The bun looked homemade- sort of like a brioche roll maybe. And the meat was nice and thick like grandma would make. Great overall taste. Kudos that they did a good job cooking it. Too many restaurants are afraid to serve meat less than medium well these days. Flip Flops isn?t one of them.

I wouldn?t describe the burgers as huge. More like, just right. That said, I?m one to overindulge and I confess that I would have liked it if I had to force down more burger.

I had a bite of each of my parent?s specialty burgers and while I don?t recall the ingredients I do remember vividly that Flip Flops nailed it- Everything went well together on those burgers and I remember being impressed there were some unique elements/flavors to them.

Kid?s meals were good. My only critical feedback is that the bun seemed too big for the hot dog. But this is so completely forgivable and I assume this is because they don?t want to have to order buns just for the kid hot dog and are instead using the bun that they use for another menu item.

Does Flip Flops have the best burger on 30A? Until I have them all it wouldn?t be fair to say. But I feel comfortable saying I consider them a strong contender. I would highly recommend Flip Flops.

Geo
 
I've always liked their burgers as well. The owners are so nice and they make you feel welcome. I haven't been there in a while so I need to pay them a visit soon.
 
I've eaten them all and boy is it hard to beat the red bar for burgers. And hands down the red bar gives you more fries than anyone on 30-a and there onion rings are the best i've had.
 
Does Flip Flops have the best burger on 30A? Until I have them all it wouldn’t be fair to say. But I feel comfortable saying I consider them a strong contender. I would highly recommend Flip Flops.

Geo

I don't know if I can qualify it as "best" either, hard to do with so many yummy burgers around here, but I do know that there are times when I get a craving for a Flip Flops gorgonzola burger, and NOTHING else will do. I love the "homemade" quality of their burgers too... it is hard to describe, but easy to recognize. When I see one of their burgers, it looks like something from a family cook-out... until I taste it. :drool: Puts my family's burgers to shame (sorry fam, y'all beat everyone else in cooking lots of other stuff, but not burgers.)

I love that I live here, so I can eat there whenever I want, but if I only had a week's vacation here, Flip Flops would be my first stop for a burger.
 
Last edited:
I like the Southwestern burger there. In fact with my brother, who is visiting, almost went there tonight. I know it would have been way, way better than the pizza, but I went for the bang for the buck. Maybe tomorrow for lunch.

Btw, wow, it's 3:40 am now and when I woke up at 3:00 I saw some amazing meteor in that shower.
 
Our first morning on 30A ever, I stumbled into Flip Flops and they made us the BEST breakfast burrito. They knew just what we needed after a night out on the town. They could sense we had been "living it up" and made us feel better about it. Flip Flops is a warm destination with attention paid to the customer and to the food.
 
I like the Southwestern burger there. In fact with my brother, who is visiting, almost went there tonight. I know it would have been way, way better than the pizza, but I went for the bang for the buck. Maybe tomorrow for lunch.

Btw, wow, it's 3:40 am now and when I woke up at 3:00 I saw some amazing meteor in that shower.

I saw some to. Haven't checked the lottery tickets yet so not sure if my wish came true. :biggrin:
 
I've eaten them all and boy is it hard to beat the red bar for burgers. And hands down the red bar gives you more fries than anyone on 30-a and there onion rings are the best i've had.




You can get a burger at Red Bar. I can never do this I have to get the mahi mahi. Is this at lunch time?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top