• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Floating Condos in Destin

New posts
Any condo law experts out there? I know Chapter 721 would apply to sales of any fractional use rights to cabins, which would requre DBPR registration and related rescission rights, escrow and disclosures of a personal property timeshare plan. But would the DBPR regulate the sale of whole cruiseship cabins under Chapter 718?

A little regulation might be good in this instance.
 
They can promote the idea all they want at the craptastic Emerald Grande - a boat that size won't make it through the pass into the harbor.
 
I know - still ain't happening IMO! I can't see a 300'x108' boat making the turn or a 600' x 54' boat making the turn. In addition to the width of the boat (I question the logistics even w/ Z drive) its draw won't work. The water depth required for even 1/2 of the 200 units, not to mention the shops, 18 hole golf course etc. is way beyond Destin harbor.
 
Wasn't this a movie starring Kevin Costner???? :biggrin:
 
Wow and you thought some of the COA/HOA dues on 30A were steep. :eek:

Combining all of the funn boat and condo maintenance into one. Community barnacle scrapings, overhaul the engine day, and every body's favorite watch the condo sink from a life boat!

I smell snake oil.

Oh oh wait I've got one more...

Trouble at the condo board meeting? Make them walk the plank. :funn:

You must be a comedic savant. How do you come up with these?:floor:
 
Wow and you thought some of the COA/HOA dues on 30A were steep. :eek:

Combining all of the funn boat and condo maintenance into one. Community barnacle scrapings, overhaul the engine day, and every body's favorite watch the condo sink from a life boat!

I smell snake oil.

Oh oh wait I've got one more...

Trouble at the condo board meeting? Make them walk the plank. :funn:

That is just funny as hail!! :floor:
 
Any condo law experts out there? I know Chapter 721 would apply to sales of any fractional use rights to cabins, which would requre DBPR registration and related rescission rights, escrow and disclosures of a personal property timeshare plan. But would the DBPR regulate the sale of whole cruiseship cabins under Chapter 718?

A little regulation might be good in this instance.

I believe if you register the boat in the Bahamas you can just bypass Florida law all together. As stated above by scooterbug, it'll never be docked in Destin Harbor anyway. I think a map and a scale model of the proposed ship might make a few people ask questions as to how it would ever dock in Destin. Maybe tenders to and from shore, but those are just so exciting in rough seas.
 
If anyone here plans on going to the Barge-ominium presentation on Saturday, can you please ask the developer which bank they're relying on to finance this project so I can short the stock. Thanks.

Shel.

.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top