Neu!Turismo
Beach Comber
hi n dry, I'm confident that anything I'm about to say will fail to persuade you otherwise. It's clear that you're on Mr. Padgett's team. That's fine. However, I firmly believe that you have good intentions but are sorely misguided and spread misinformation. Are you the writer of recent letters to the editor or one of his campaign workers? I think you use remarkably similar language.
I have no reason to believe that Mr. Padgett would run the office with "high tech savvy" and expertise as you and the candidate claim. I know the incumbent knows the voting system and understands the laws, procedures, and guidelines that his job requires. The 2004 election was administered with no problems. He's been involved with Walton County elections for years. Mr. Padgett has zero election experience to my knowledge.
I'm not confusing verified "receipts" with "ballots." I'm very aware of the distinction. I also know Mr. Beasley never had choice "between touch screen voting with a paper trail and those machines without paper records." Why? Because SOE's have not been certified to do so by the Florida Division of Elections. He's just doing his job. Just like your other man Ion Sancho (a "political indepedent" that speaks at Democratic Women's Clubs conventions" and uses the same Diebold equipment he bashes.)
Your "University sources" are not even studies of the current versions of elections machines in use here. It's easy to set up a scenario to produce results between George Washington and Aaron Burr with three or four votes if you're in the graduate department of computer science at Princeton. If I had the resources and funding and access, I could make a Diebold machine produce erroneus results. I could make it print out nonsense. If you want to revert to a paper ballot box, would that not be susceptible to tampering as well?
It's a matter of trustworthiness and security - an honor system. And I don't entrust Mr. Padgett. He seems to be running on scare tactics, undocumented claims, and as a motivated partisan. Mr. Padgett ought to continue being a voter activist and public watchdog. That's commendable. He and Otto are just barking up the wrong tree.
Mr. Beasley is not rigging anything. Such a claim is absurd. Your belief that the votes are not secure indict your neighbors and the good people who volunteer their efforts in the elections as well. You should know better.
If you wish to continue with your strawman strategy, this voter won't be persuaded by your claims.
I have no reason to believe that Mr. Padgett would run the office with "high tech savvy" and expertise as you and the candidate claim. I know the incumbent knows the voting system and understands the laws, procedures, and guidelines that his job requires. The 2004 election was administered with no problems. He's been involved with Walton County elections for years. Mr. Padgett has zero election experience to my knowledge.
I'm not confusing verified "receipts" with "ballots." I'm very aware of the distinction. I also know Mr. Beasley never had choice "between touch screen voting with a paper trail and those machines without paper records." Why? Because SOE's have not been certified to do so by the Florida Division of Elections. He's just doing his job. Just like your other man Ion Sancho (a "political indepedent" that speaks at Democratic Women's Clubs conventions" and uses the same Diebold equipment he bashes.)
Your "University sources" are not even studies of the current versions of elections machines in use here. It's easy to set up a scenario to produce results between George Washington and Aaron Burr with three or four votes if you're in the graduate department of computer science at Princeton. If I had the resources and funding and access, I could make a Diebold machine produce erroneus results. I could make it print out nonsense. If you want to revert to a paper ballot box, would that not be susceptible to tampering as well?
It's a matter of trustworthiness and security - an honor system. And I don't entrust Mr. Padgett. He seems to be running on scare tactics, undocumented claims, and as a motivated partisan. Mr. Padgett ought to continue being a voter activist and public watchdog. That's commendable. He and Otto are just barking up the wrong tree.
Mr. Beasley is not rigging anything. Such a claim is absurd. Your belief that the votes are not secure indict your neighbors and the good people who volunteer their efforts in the elections as well. You should know better.
If you wish to continue with your strawman strategy, this voter won't be persuaded by your claims.
Last edited: