• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Flying from Chicago to ECP??????

New posts

jackie

Beach Lover
My son and his family will visit from Chicago this winter and want to fly into the new ECP. Has anyone flown this route? Any suggestions ? Thanks so much!
 
Midway to ECP

I have flown this route 3 or 4 times (business) - great experience each time. Short stop in Nashville - no problem. Southwest rocks - I just cringe everytime I now have to fly Delta!!!
 
Have them also check flying into Ft. Walton - I always check the 3 airports (ECP, Pensacola, and Ft. Walton) to get the best fares and flying USAir from Ohare to Charlotte to VPS is usually significantly cheaper than Southwest.
 
Thanks for the info. I will tell them. Do you know what the time difference is on that route? They are traveling with an infant so I know that will make a difference as well, but again, great info.
 
Charlotte is an hour earlier, but it doesn't make any real difference as you leave and arrive in Central time.

If they have an infant, they will probably love the rocking chairs in the Charlotte terminal.

I find Charlotte to be a HUGE step up in cleanliness and amenities from Memphis and USair to be a huge step up from Delta, so I like that route.
 
Less than a month ago, we flew to Detroit via Delta from the new airport. Rates were the same as VPS (Ft Walton). A short flight to Atlanta, less than an hour layover, then the 1 hour 45 minute flight to Detroit. It was uneventful and so easy. Southwest didn't have flights to Detroit, or I would have flown with them.
 
Less than a month ago, we flew to Detroit via Delta from the new airport. Rates were the same as VPS (Ft Walton). A short flight to Atlanta, less than an hour layover, then the 1 hour 45 minute flight to Detroit. It was uneventful and so easy. Southwest didn't have flights to Detroit, or I would have flown with them.

My daughter is flying into Ft. Walton on Wednesday from Chicago. Panama City was more expensive. Same for me from St. Louis.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top