Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.
I got food poisoning yesterday from eating lunch at a place in SoWal. I won't publicly say where. I have been really sick. Just out of curiosity, have any of you gotten sick lately after eating anywhere in SoWal?
Have you contacted the mgr or owner to report it and see if others have also reported similarly? Without the public making the restaurant aware, other people may also get sick.
BR--- hope you're feeling better....that is rough stuff!
Not lately, but several yrs ago we all got sick/food poisoning....from a very nice SoWal restaurant....I think it was the crab....anyway, we did call them and they said they had no other reports...to this day I very much REGRET not calling the health department....there were 9 of us and the 7 of us who ate the crab got deathly ill.....
pk makes a good point about calling the Health Dpt to report the incident, just in case there are more cases. At the least, the restaurant should be offering to pay your doctor's bill. The four or five cases of serious food poisoning which I experienced never left me with enough energy to make it to the front door, so the ER was not an option unless I called the Ambulance, and I probably couldn't make it to the phone anyway.
I should have demanded the cafeteria pay my hospital bill for the case of food poisoning I got after eating their fried chicken seeing as I ended up in the hospital for 8 days in isolation with salmonella, ulcerative colitis, and a kidney infection. Ate around 2:00 p.m. and by late evening I was not only throwing up, nothing stayed in me from any end. Lost a huge amount of weight. The hospital bill was very expensive as you can imagine. Needless to say when my father went to work to get my paycheck he told the assistant manager I had food poisoning and his face turned white as a sheet. That should have been reported to the health department also. Not to mention the hospital had the nerve to call into the room asking how I was going to pay my bill? I had insurance. Needless to say they got blessed out by my mom or dad one. Food poisoning is not pleasant. BR, hope you get better soon.