• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

For Oyster Lovers only!!!

New posts
Ahhh, we debate this topic. The A'colas are a bit too salty for my palate;in fact, the last 2 dozen I have had were almost offensively salty (I guess owing to drought). The Louisiana ones are a bit salty but much milder and have an oyster flavor that I think is masked by the saltiness of the A'colas. To each their own...don't get me wrong, I will not turn down Florida oysters, they are better than anything I have had from the Pacific, I just like the subtle salinity of the ones I was raised on:cool:

What's your opinion on the oysters at the Boathouse Oyster Bar? Hard to beat the ambiance.;-)
 
What's your opinion on the oysters at the Boathouse Oyster Bar? Hard to beat the ambiance.;-)

My experience at the Boathouse Oyster Bar yesterday was....it was the first time I had ever been there. I was craving me some oysters. There were several tables of people waiting for their oysters when we got there. I placed my order and waited and waited....(it was hard to wait, I was on my way home and wanted to beat the traffic out of Destin, it didn't work). Anyway, 3 tables of customers got up and paid their drink tabs and left because they never got their oyster orders. :idontno: It took me about 30 minutes to get my 1/2 doz. I asked 3 different guys that were working in there for a refill for my coke. After the 3rd try, I finally got it. The oysters were good once I finally got them, but I felt bad for the folks that had been there a long time and then left. I mean, it is an Oyster Bar. Would you not think that they would have had plenty of them. :idontno:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top